Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who's a definate at FFW at New England anyway???Should all meet up before hand and drive there...any takers?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'll be there. I am going to try and make both Sat. and Sun. I live about 30 - 40 miles from the track. I went last year and had a blast. I did not race and actually paid to be in the "auto show" because I am anal about where my truck is parked and who is parked next to it.

You don't have to worry about some idiot parked next to you swinging a door open into your truck when it's a "show vehicle" :D

Oh, and no I never stuck around for judging of the auto show... :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well then I guess my truck will be parked in the "show" zone as well...if that what it takes for me to feel comfortable with leaving my truck there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
4cefed said:
Well then I guess my truck will be parked in the "show" zone as well...if that what it takes for me to feel comfortable with leaving my truck there.
I felt very comfortable, and it was nice to check on it now and then to see all the hot babes walking around. It was like a got damn candy store, if there is grass on the field "play ball"...  :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is nothing worse than the "i wonder if my truck is ok" syndrome...BTW where did you buy your truck sonic.? A while ago when I was in the market for a Lightning portsmouth ford had one but at the time I didnt have the money... and when i went back it had been sold but im happy with what i ended up with for a good price had 12,800 miles,03,sonic and absolutely babied for 23k

·
Registered
190 Posts
Bought it new with 3 miles on it at Portsmouth Ford on Feb 2, 2003. At the time they had approx. 8 or so Lightning’s. They had 2 red, 2 gray, 2 sonic blue, 1 black, and 1 white, and 1 or 2 silver.

The silvers were of course 04’s and so was 1 of the sonic blues. They wanted full sticker for the 04’s so I bought the 03 sonic blue (new 3 miles on it) for $27,500

It is now 18 months old (since I bought it) and has 4,200 miles on it…

This was the first vehicle of approx. 8 – 9 new ones I had bought in the past I did “not” get the same day I drove in. Actually this one took me 4 months to finally get. The first time I attempted to purchase it was $31,200 and with what I owed on my current truck at the time was not within the range I wanted to be in.

Went back in 2 months when they dropped it to $29,500 still had 5 – 6 on the lot and something was screwed up with my credit and they wanted to charge me like 18% interest.

Got the issue with my credit taken care of as well as paid some credit cards down and made a final attempt to purchase a truck I had wanted for many years and one of the first vehicles I had planned on owning well past paying off the loan.

The third time was a charm, the price was reduced to $27,500, paid off all but $500 on my then current truck and credit was fine, or at least for me at 3.8% interest.

Approx. 1 month after that they had sold most except 2 and then those got marked back up to full sticker when the full rumor hit the streets about no more Lightning’s.

I lucked out like a mofo, FINALLY damnit… :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was there in the winter they had one sonic, DSG and black and the only one left when I went back this spring was the DSG @ full sticker price...27k yeah you did good id say have you looked in the want ad lately? price of trucks a couple years older than ours and alot more miles are in that price range..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts