Lightning Rodder banner

Few Pics of the Kit, Heads, and Parts

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Zak Attack 
#1 ·
Since I sold all the Navi stuff, I came across a few good deals. The Heads are a set that Frank5L had done but never got to run them, Frank said they flowed 258cfm or something like that at 5500. Gotta get them milled and a valve job and they should be good to go.

I picked up a few parts over the weekend. PI3600 Stall, Turbo kit (gonna go pick up the turbo this week), and the heads, intake, and rails.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea I am gonna try and round up enough cash for a Procharger A-A in the next few weeks. Then I have to get the Boost controller situation figured out. I still have a long ass way to go, but its getting a lot closer....hopefully I will be at the track next spring.

#7 ·
Yea, he keeps blowing seals on the turbo and runs a boat refinishing company so he needed the truck to be able to pull a boat, so he now runs a Eaton and a 6lb lower IIRC.

The kit was sitting in the floor and he told me that he would sell it to me just to get it out of his shop. I went and picked it up the next day.

#12 ·
do u guys use these turbo trucks as daily drivers? i am afraid over over heating with having the turbos sitting so close to the radiator

:laughing25

I've never seen one overheat yet due to the turbo(s) including the one truck with a smaller than stock radiator (skidmarkracings beastly supercrew)

#11 ·
They never leaked on me in the year I used them, but I also a problem I found with them when I put it togeather. Also run a factory gasket on the top and bottom instead of the paper gasket they send you with them.

As for overheating. Make sure you cooling system is in good condition, and you wont have any problems. You have to switch to pusher fans which dont cool as good as a puller, but Ive never had any problem other than when I blew a fuse. Last weekend I drove mine in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic for most of the day, and thats with twins right next to the radiator.

#10 ·
I am going to use mine as a DD (I only live about 3 miles from work though) and weekend warrior. I plan on getting a pusher fan for the radiator as the previous owner said that he could sit in traffic for a few minutes and watch the temps jump a little bit.

#16 ·
my first thing im gonna do is my m122, then save up for a forged short block, an MHS stage2 heads an cams, throw them in, an be safe, then drop the coin for turbo

though i really like the front facing setup...

i want to do this setup but 2v, an not have to cut the inner fender

#21 ·
Mine makes me think it's overheating since it sits around 200°, but Ive been told the 4 valves just run like that.

#22 ·
I will be using the Edelbrock in the pictures. I wish I wouldn't of sold my IC system as I could pretty much bolt the kit together and go since that is what it was designed for.

If I could find a stock IC setup I would get it and use it but the odds of me finding someone wanting to trade the edelbrock and adapters for a lower intake, intercooler, midplate and hard lines is probably not very likely.

#26 ·
Got the stock setup in Friday, gave the lower, Midplate, and Hat to a friend thats gonna Powder Coat it Wrinkle black.

I am still looking for a set of heads and trying to sell the set I have. Need a set of injectors, and a gasket kit, and a few T-Bolt clamps. Then I have to put the timing cover on Struck and get a few minor things and it will be going. Chistmas and not having much work has slowed me down a little bit. But I did spend $1500 on a 1998 Malibu that I bought for a Daily Driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.