Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Slowest Silver Lightning
2,547 Posts
There is a tool to help in the process. It bolts to the hub and is made by Eastwood. Some ppl complain about the paint cracking. With the quality and condition of your truck, if you are insistent on doing this- maybe get a professional quote & advice.

·
What's my age again?
2,070 Posts
I believe most people also warm up the area to be rolled. If you go that route I would def go with the Eastwood tool. I know on the LS forums I use to frequent a guy would lend it out with a deposit plus shipping cost. Maybe someone here has access to one?

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Lino-the paint cracked on my KB Mustang(cause of the fat M/T's)- get a pro to help out :smt023 ps-mine was rolled too.....

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Was just wondering about this the other day. I didn't realize how thick the fender lip was. The more I look at it though, the more I believe I'm just going to go with smaller front tires instead of risking messing the paint up.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
I use a hard rubber mallet to roll the fender lip. I've done it to five different trucks and not one of them paint has cracked. Even years later. You will need to remove the 5.5mm screw for the fender liner.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I use a hard rubber mallet to roll the fender lip. I've done it to five different trucks and not one of them paint has cracked. Even years later. You will need to remove the 5.5mm screw for the fender liner.
X2
same as what I used

Rolled mine as well, back in '06 when I had a 4/6 and 22's hasn't cracked yet, not saying the rest of the truck doesn't look like piss tho.

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
That sure is tight Lino. Dont know if it would help or not :smt102

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
Lino if you're looking for someone to roll the fenders if you decide to keep them, Joe Gambino can do it. He's in Toms River if you wanted to make the drive. Let me know, I can meet you over there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts