Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a favor to a ask of yall. I have recently lost about 3lbs of boost. I checked the common problems boost bypasst valve adjustment, turkey pan hose...etc Found out it is the pcv valve I think. I took it out and could blow both ways through it. It rattles when I shake it and I cleaned it out with some starter fluid, put it back it in same problem. I got a new one from advance auto put it in. Boost is back to where it should be but truck is running rich now. Then put the original back in lost 3lbs of boost but truck is running correct a/f.
So can someone tell me if I should be able to blow both ways through it and what is the correct part number for the pcv valve. I got a price from napa but they told me $49 and it came with the hoses and T fitting.
I looked at it and noticed there is a spring inside the original one but it doesn't look to be effective.
Sorry im long winded on this subject just need some help.

· formerly oicu812
855 Posts
How much boost are you running? Is it stock tune? Have you done any maintenance latley? Do you have aftermarket boost gauge?

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much boost are you running? Is it stock tune? Have you done any maintenance latley? Do you have aftermarket boost gauge?
6lb lower, ported full header back exhaust, intake, pro dyno tuned, no new maintance, auto meter boost gauge

· Registered
4,880 Posts
So your turkey pan hose is still attached?

If so try using a cobra ev98b motorcraft pcv valve. Under boost it closes and prevents boost from entering the crankcase, it acts as a one-way check valve. The stock lightning pcv valve is garbage and the aftermarket pcv valves are junk too. Get the ev98b from ford

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could I just take off the hose going to the turkey pan and put a pcv valve in it and leave the stock one where its at.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Disconnect the hose on the back of the lower intake (turkey pan) and plug the hole. Easiest when misplate & intercooler are off for cleaning. Plug the hole from the inside with a npt plug. Then eliminate the tee on the pcv hose so the pcv runs only to the plenum. No need for a cobra pcv valve then because boost will not be present in the pcv hose once the lower intake port is blocked off.

Or search for lightning dime mod

· Registered
689 Posts
So your turkey pan hose is still attached?

If so try using a cobra ev98b motorcraft pcv valve. Under boost it closes and prevents boost from entering the crankcase, it acts as a one-way check valve. The stock lightning pcv valve is garbage and the aftermarket pcv valves are junk too. Get the ev98b from ford
First I've heard of this PCV Valve. So Painless, are you saying that even though you still have the hose to the turkey-pan connected and are running a catch-can, you would still benefit by using this PCV valve on our trucks?
Always like several opinions, anyone else had any experience with this besides Painless?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.