Lightning Rodder banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
GoD GiVeN
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well, a few days of driving, I only lack the EGR and EVAP monitors... My luck, those are the toughest to clear????

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
Well, a few days of driving, I only lack the EGR and EVAP monitors... My luck, those are the toughest to clear????
EVAP typically takes the longest. The driving route required is like 10 minutes freeway driving at 60 mph or better. Followed by another 10 minutes in town with five full stops. Those numbers might be off a little, working on memory here. And I'm not young. LOL!! If you don't do that, it just takes longer. Eventually, they will clear, EGR first, EVAP last.

Funny, my 98 Ranger, the EGR is deleted. Check Engine light on for P0401. Yet the monitor for the EGR says READY. Bwahaha

Also got a P0133 for some o2 sensor, a P0171 and 174 for lean condition (breathers on the valve covers). Runs fantastic, get 18 mpg or better, which is about right for a 3.0 V-6. Piece of black tape on the dash keeps the CE under cover.

Yeah, I would never treat my Lightning in that fashion. NEVER!

·
local painter
2,910 Posts
EVAP typically takes the longest. The driving route required is like 10 minutes freeway driving at 60 mph or better. Followed by another 10 minutes in town with five full stops. Those numbers might be off a little, working on memory here. And I'm not young. LOL!! If you don't do that, it just takes longer. Eventually, they will clear, EGR first, EVAP last.

Funny, my 98 Ranger, the EGR is deleted. Check Engine light on for P0401. Yet the monitor for the EGR says READY. Bwahaha

Also got a P0133 for some o2 sensor, a P0171 and 174 for lean condition (breathers on the valve covers). Runs fantastic, get 18 mpg or better, which is about right for a 3.0 V-6. Piece of black tape on the dash keeps the CE under cover.

Yeah, I would never treat my Lightning in that fashion. NEVER!

I miss my ford ranger. :rockon_ford

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
You would.....:shitstormretarded Lol
It's a good beater truck. I've had it for 19 years, since January 2000. Had 10,000 miles on it when I got it, now has 162,300+ miles. As I said above, it seems to run really well no matter how many default codes it shows. Mainly my fault, except the P0133. Mother Nature has done her best on it, big hail dents, etc. I replaced the windshield and hood recently. I'll keep it until it shits the bed. Then it's on a flatbed truck headed for the scrappers.

·
Dude
2,297 Posts
I wonder if Killer Ride was just saying that he has that krinkly rubber intake boot?
You are correct that is exactly what I was talking about. It was the only thing that worked.
Oh, shoot, you might be correct, that didn't don on me about the intake boot.

Let me see how this P1000 code thing goes with my K&N and I will get back to you on that, good looking out man! I appreciate it
I drove around with an AEM Bruteforce ( with CARB #) intake for the whole time, 18 mos. 2 days with stock snorkel thingy and boom I passed. Let me know

·
GoD GiVeN
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I drove around with an AEM Bruteforce ( with CARB #) intake for the whole time, 18 mos. 2 days with stock snorkel thingy and boom I passed. Let me know
Did you still have a open coned filter and just put the stock elbow back on?

·
Dude
2,297 Posts
No I used my Volant cold air intake box
(w/CARB #) that housed the Filter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Dude
2,297 Posts
Basically as long as you replicate stock and everything has a CARB# that's not stock your good if you get all 8 monitors

·
Dude
2,297 Posts
Yea it's definitely a process

·
GoD GiVeN
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Just an update, as of last night I finally have the monitors all clear and in the process of making my follow up appointment to see the referee... I just want to thank everyone for there help, fingers crossed everything goes as planned and I can finally get my 2020 registration sticker!

·
Dude
2,297 Posts
That's awesome! CONGRATS! Took me 1 1/2 yrs driving it everyday to figure it out and to get all the monitors to clear. Got pulled over 12 times, ticketed twice and impounded once. All my freinds said I would never get it. I definitely know how you feel.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts