Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Road Racing Extraordinaire
276 Posts
i would think he'd let it slide then, but as long as you passed that's all that matters.
I thought he would let it slide to, but I wasn't too upset since I was only five minutes from my house and it didn't take long to swap it in the end. I think the main reason he didn't pass it is because other people were at the shop during the time.

·
Slevin
962 Posts
move out of that shit hole state asap

·
GoD GiVeN
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Somebody help Adam out... he's one of the good guys! Seriously, that is some BS. You'd think if it made more "smog" they could fail you, but can't you tell the guy that you had to replace the blower and couldn't find a new Eaton? Its a direct replacement and fits the Lightning intake and everything else without any modification.

Mike
Thanks Mike... Todd stepped up and helped me out, i owe him, nice guy!

move out of that shit hole state asap
Trust me, if my job wasn't so awesome and the weather was so beautiful, i would be out in a heart beat, for now, have to keep jumping through hoops... Oh well!

·
GoD GiVeN
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
UPDATE: So, I passed the visual this morning, thanks to Todd letting me borrow his blower... They were such dicks today again, the owner kept asking stupid questions, "what did you do to fix your problem, do you want to talk about how you fixed the problem, how were you able to fix the problem over a weekend, did you just just put a sticker over the Magnum Powers stamp, cause that won't work either," i didn't give him the time of day, I was on the phone with my dad and finally told the owner to stop being rude cause I was on the phone and to just do his damn job and pull the truck in the garage and smog it, he didn't like that very much, him and the other guy literally popped the hood three times looking at stuff under the hood, they even looked under the truck, first time I have ever seen someone look under a vehicle, he was determined to fail me again, but, couldn't find anything!

Even when I was walking to my truck after paying, both guys were standing about 10 feet from the truck looking at me. I just walked right by them and didn't even look in their direction, got in the truck and drove off. I knew I pissed them off, but I can care less... I win LOL

Now to put my MP back on and get this Eaton back to Todd

Thanks again guys!!!!

-Adam

·
Registered
528 Posts
Adam, glad it worked out for you, but what a hassle. Maybe you could give other guys the heads up on the shop that live in the San Diego/North County for the future. I have never had them look under the truck to check if the cats are still installed, only monitor issues.

Thanks

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,864 Posts
What total ass holes

Reactions: adamruiz2001

·
GoD GiVeN
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Adam, glad it worked out for you, but what a hassle. Maybe you could give other guys the heads up on the shop that live in the San Diego/North County for the future. I have never had them look under the truck to check if the cats are still installed, only monitor issues.

Thanks
Thanks Todd, I will be pulling you blower off hopefully tonight, I will get it to you very soon, thanks again man!!!!

and the shop is in San Marcos, off Rancho Santa Fe and Linda Vista... Shop name is Central Smog, I would urge anybody with anything aftermarket on their ride to avoid this shop, they seem to be a little anal

What total ass holes
Agreed!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
glad it worked out Adam despite the so called intimidation the smog techs tried to give you. i've asked smog techs before they start any type of work if this or that part will pass the vis. if they say no I'll find another shop or just remove if its a simple CAI swap, etc. other than my homemade oil separator and CAI, only other non stock is my AF1 inlet tube.

Smog techs have no right to touch any parts of your vehicle other than what's involved to smog it. i could only imagine someone going to that smog place with an all chromed out engine bay LOL.

·
GoD GiVeN
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Bringing this back up to date,

So, since I failed visual two years ago, California was so generous to automatically flag the truck this year to see the referee! Never ever heard of this until now.

Either way, I took my truck down so San Diego this morning to get it looked over, and do I mean looked over! They go through this thing like if you were going to the doctor for a full check up!

Long story short, I failed, AGAIN!

This time they failed me for the SBTB and C&L plenum... WTF! The only good news, they didn't fail the magnum powers supercharger. I guess me grindin the emblem off the front and touching up the paint was enough to trick them on that part.

Soooo, now I am in need of a stock TB and Plenum, by any chance does someone have one laying around I can borrow, or even purchase for the cheap lol, I am so close to putting my poor truck back to stock and just go about my life, this California smog is just getting harder to get by with any type of mods that make these vehicles even more fun to drive.

Pretty soon, all V8s will be banned from the damn state...

Well guys, get at me if you have something that can help me out... Thanks!

-Adam

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,544 Posts
Bringing this back up to date,

So, since I failed visual two years ago, California was so generous to automatically flag the truck this year to see the referee! Never ever heard of this until now.

Either way, I took my truck down so San Diego this morning to get it looked over, and do I mean looked over! They go through this thing like if you were going to the doctor for a full check up!

Long story short, I failed, AGAIN!

This time they failed me for the SBTB and C&L plenum... WTF! The only good news, they didn't fail the magnum powers supercharger. I guess me grindin the emblem off the front and touching up the paint was enough to trick them on that part.

Soooo, now I am in need of a stock TB and Plenum, by any chance does someone have one laying around I can borrow, or even purchase for the cheap lol, I am so close to putting my poor truck back to stock and just go about my life, this California smog is just getting harder to get by with any type of mods that make these vehicles even more fun to drive.

Pretty soon, all V8s will be banned from the damn state...

Well guys, get at me if you have something that can help me out... Thanks!

-Adam

check the classifieds usually a few listed

·
11 second street truck
10,496 Posts
blk02, if the tune has all the emissions still in place, no reason it wouldn't pass

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
I have a stock plenum laying in the garage gathering dust. I gave my stock tb to a friend, he wanted to experiment with home porting. Might be able to persuade him to let me have it back for this purpose. He'd be better off getting a SBTB anyhow. I'll text him and see if he's ever done anything with it, it's only been a month or so.

Not really concerned about any money. Maybe throw me, say $30 to cover shipping. I'm gonna pm you my phone number, as I am not on here often. I work nights, so I'm generally off line from 1530 to 2400. Test message preferred. Can't always answer the phone while at work.

I'll get back on here as soon as I here from my friend about the tb.

So glad I got the fock out of commiefornia back in 2002. Here where I live, no emissions, no visual inspections, no safety checks, nothing. Sometimes though, when I see the vehicles that some people drive, got to shake my head. Missing bumpers, fenders, lights, drivin around on the little skinny donut flat replacements going way too fast for those little tires, windshields so badly cracked, you wonder how they can see through them, side windows taped over, lights taped over. I mean there are vehicles here that are a danger to be on the road. And the cops don't bother them. Don't bother anyone about loud exhaust. Don't bother you if you have one of those dark tinted covers on your rear plate (no front plates even issued here).

See pic below. Kenny's truck requires a front plate in Missouri, mine doesn't in Oklahoma. But my trucks original owner was from Missouri, so I have to deal with the two holes. ;-(

Attachments

·
GoD GiVeN
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey Adam, does your truck have a tune? It passes smog with the tune loaded?
Yeah, i pass smog with my tune, they just went over my truck with a fine tooth comb, and pulled anything and everything out of their ass at this referee station, just ridiculous. I am going to put everything back to somewhat stock and do the whole song and dance this one time, and lord willing, i will not have to deal with this crap again. This all started two years ago when a smog station i have gone to for 12 years decided to raise a red flag on my MP blower.

I have a stock plenum laying in the garage gathering dust. I gave my stock tb to a friend, he wanted to experiment with home porting. Might be able to persuade him to let me have it back for this purpose. He'd be better off getting a SBTB anyhow. I'll text him and see if he's ever done anything with it, it's only been a month or so.

Not really concerned about any money. Maybe throw me, say $30 to cover shipping. I'm gonna pm you my phone number, as I am not on here often. I work nights, so I'm generally off line from 1530 to 2400. Test message preferred. Can't always answer the phone while at work.

I'll get back on here as soon as I here from my friend about the tb.

So glad I got the fock out of commiefornia back in 2002. Here where I live, no emissions, no visual inspections, no safety checks, nothing. Sometimes though, when I see the vehicles that some people drive, got to shake my head. Missing bumpers, fenders, lights, drivin around on the little skinny donut flat replacements going way too fast for those little tires, windshields so badly cracked, you wonder how they can see through them, side windows taped over, lights taped over. I mean there are vehicles here that are a danger to be on the road. And the cops don't bother them. Don't bother anyone about loud exhaust. Don't bother you if you have one of those dark tinted covers on your rear plate (no front plates even issued here).

See pic below. Kenny's truck requires a front plate in Missouri, mine doesn't in Oklahoma. But my trucks original owner was from Missouri, so I have to deal with the two holes. ;-(
Robert, that would be amazing man, I will text you ASAP...

·
10,148 Posts
My bad, shoulda seen your name as your id here. LOL!!

Just talked to James, and it's no problem getting my old TB back. As I told you, I'm planning on taking Thursday and Friday off. So should be able to get the parts on the way, hopefully Thursday.

·
10,148 Posts
Picked up the TB from my friend James yesterday. The plenum and TB are boxed up and it'll be on it's way to you shortly. Overslept a tad today, so noon it's not going to be. More like 1400.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts