"IT'S ON, LETS GET THIS ROLLING"

October 29 - 30, 2005
Factory Tech Columbus Ohio Racing Event
National Trail Raceway,
Columbus Ohio

The Official Mailing address is:
2650 National Road S.W., Hebron, OH 43025;
Phone, (740) 928-5706.

National Trail Raceway is about 20 miles east of Columbus on old U.S. Highway 40, one mile north of Interstate 70 at the Kirkersville exit.

Site: http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/

Directions:  http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/apcm/templates/trackinfo.asp?articleid=635&zoneid=43

Factory_Tech said:
I booked National Trail Raceway late in the fall for an all Ford event, The date is 29-30 October. This does not conflict with NMRA, FFW or TruckFest. It won't be all Lightnings or Trucks, we're announcing the new 4R70W Monster Box this month and I expect to have some Mustang/T Bird/ Cougar people coming along as well.

Right now, it's a matter of finding a few sponsors to help pay the bills, I don't care if it makes money, I just don't want to eat the whole chunk myself (it's about $20K total), and I'm really gonna need some volunteers to help me set up the actual drag racing part, help with the rules, scheduling etc... 

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

G

Here at LR.Com we plan to help Gregg and this wonderful event anyway and everyway we can.
We're Co-Sponsor of the event, and we can offer YOU the Racers, and YOU the Vendor a Discounted Rate.

For the Racers, it's listed at $75, you can get your pre-entries here at LR for $50.00

For the Sponsors, it's listed at $1500, you can get your pre-entries here at LR for $1200.00

Chris is working out the final details with Gregg, and I will update that shortly.
""BUT WE SHOULD START A LIST NOW""

An event like this cost A LOT to put together, but there is also A LOT of opportunity for the Vendors, so please Vendors give it some thought, and of course this is going to be a kick ass day for Racers and Spectators too, so please see if you can make it.
(Don't know if I can "yet", but hopefully Chris is closer and will?) either way,
WE SUPPORT THE EVENT FULLY AND ASK THAT YOU PLEASE DO THE SAME

G

·
Re: Factory Tech Racing event, Columbus Ohio

I think it's a great idea. I can't promise I can go though being that it's not closer to home. Ehhh, I've driven to Chicago before though.. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
9 Posts

I'm really looking forward to hosting the event and meeting a lot of people. I do the WFC thing every year, but I'm always very pressed for time in St Louis (which happens to be kinda sorta my second home, btw)

Anyone who is interested in helping out, I'm waiting on any suggestions!

G

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

This might be motivation for me to make a few extra dollars and spring for a new supercharger to try out at that event :)

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Chris said:
This might be motivation for me to make a few extra dollars and spring for a new supercharger to try out at that event :)
NOW YOUR TALKING BRO, WOO HOO..............................

·
Registered
8,325 Posts

Gregg Evans said:
I'm really looking forward to hosting the event and meeting a lot of people.   I do the WFC thing every year, but I'm always very pressed for time in St Louis (which happens to be kinda sorta my second home, btw)

Anyone who is interested in helping out, I'm waiting on any suggestions!

G
You know I'll help G, just let me know what I can do.

Its just a little trek thru the mountains for me and I look forward to the event. :D

[email protected]

·
Registered
454 Posts

I'd really like to make it... I think it is a fantastic idea!
But, I'd have to take a week off to drive out and drive back to race with you guys.
Also, if I go that distance again, I'll have to find someone with the capability of towing me
home if something should break.

So, I also wouldn't be able to commit that I can definitely make it.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Sa-weet! :D
I'll make every effort to attend and spread the word [smilie=ughug.gif]
Looking forward to dates and dollars...reads me as a pimp or something [smilie=eek4.gif]
I foresee a convoy of L's from Pittsburgh [smilie=fingersx.gif]
Gregg -- Do you think the monster box will hold up? :D

·
Registered
99 Posts

The small Chikenears crew will be there!  If we can make it, anybody can.  Let's make this the biggest event of the year!!!

I have the means (with a little help from a friend) to put on a car show there also, if the interest is great enough.:)

[email protected]  A NEW Supporting Vendor here.
[smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Chickenears said:
The small Chikenears crew will be there!  If we can make it, anybody can.  Let's make this the biggest event of the year!!!

I have the means (with a little help from a friend) to put on a car show there also, if the interest is great enough.:)

[email protected]  A NEW Supporting Vendor here.
[smilie=laugh.gif]
AND ONE WE'VE WANTED HERE SINCE DAY ONE
WOO HOO, WELCOME TIM & CHIKENEARS,"AND THANKS FOR BELIEVING IN US"  [smilie=bow.gif]
This event IS going to be KICK ASS  :smt023 [smilie=3gears.gif]

·
Registered
9 Posts

Well, we're on, I have the track booked and the order in for good weather. It's pretty cool around then so I'll be expecting the best times of the year from a lot of people.

I have an idea, also. I want to have a class for "grudge races" where you get 3 passes against a chosen opponent to settle scores once and for all, as it were.
A slight extra fee, and winner takes 75% of the pot. (the rest helps pay for the track, or something like) Comments?

G

·
Registered
9 Posts

Another Idea I'm playing with is trying to get the winners of the various classes from FFW and NMRA to race head to head, to settle the titles for the year.

G

·
Registered
8,325 Posts

Gregg Evans said:
Another Idea I'm playing with is trying to get the winners of the various classes from FFW and NMRA to race head to head, to settle the titles for the year.

G
Awesome Idea Gregg.

You can count on my being there and helping out in anyway possible.. hit me up with an email to let me know what I can do.

I like the idea of Grudge racing, I wonder if our mutual friend will show up for this event? :ughyeahhah: :smt064

[email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts

No he won't. I have given instructions that Jim is not allowed on the grounds during the event, not as a sponsor, not as a racer and not as a spectator. He's not welcome at anything that I have any involvement with.

G

·
Registered
30 Posts

Gregg Evans said:
No he won't.  I have given instructions that Jim is not allowed on the grounds during the event, not as a sponsor, not as a racer and not as a spectator.  He's not welcome at anything that I have any involvement with.

G
Thank you!!!!!!!!
They would have all dialed their "10 second" trucks back to the 12.90 range to be "competetive". Nice.

G

·

93Cobra said:
Gregg Evans said:
No he won't.  I have given instructions that Jim is not allowed on the grounds during the event, not as a sponsor, not as a racer and not as a spectator.  He's not welcome at anything that I have any involvement with.

G
Thank you!!!!!!!!
They would have all dialed their "10 second" trucks back to the 12.90 range to be "competetive". Nice.
Check your PMs.

·
Registered
30 Posts

It will be a great race weekend - no doubt.
Gregg - If you need any help at all, please feel free to contact me. I will do what I can to help with anything that may be left to do.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts