Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use the stock 04 L head unit to hook up a subwoofer? I understand I may need adapters but I don't know what ones. I know you should get an aftermarket head unit but I like to keep things looking stock.

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
You'll need a amp of course, but all you need is some RCA plugs from your rear speaker wires and plug those into the high level input on your amp. I've been running a home made single 10" sub with a JL Audio 500w for about ten years now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i was going to use an old amp i have. When i run the line out converter from the rear speakers out spot, then i take those RCAs and plug them to the amp which powers the sub. will i lose power to the rear speakers or do i just splice the line out converter onto the speaker wires?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel like that converter is for someone that really wants great sound from their stock system. We would like to get decent sound with little money. Thank you though. But can anyone tell me if when you use a converter on your rear speakers, will the rear speakers still play music or will it be dedicated to the sub?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I started thinking out of the box one day and did away with the head unit all together. No need for head unit these days what with pandora and all the streaming internet stuff. But mostly i listen to my digital recordings off my ipad.

Attachments

·
Registered
796 Posts
The best bang for my buck was a bazooka tube with a built in amp...connects to factory system and no cutting wires...I did a write up on here or nhtoc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I started thinking out of the box one day and did away with the head unit all together. No need for head unit these days what with pandora and all the streaming internet stuff. But mostly i listen to my digital recordings off my ipad.

·
Spanking Viper Trucks
2,115 Posts
Where did you get that surround piece?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is true ^
That's a nice setup

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts