Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am driving my Lightning this morning, working down in Waco. Pull up to get some fuel, walk inside to buy a bottle of water. As I am filling my truck I notice a couple of shady looking dudes putting gas in their Mustang! So I come out and to my surprise my drivers side Center Caps are GONE!!!! Now before you say I am jumping to conclusion, I am very OCD when it comes to my vehicles... I can only assume one of those jokers owned a L and was missing some center caps... Who knows, all I know is mine were GONE!! They were there when I pulled up... I looked right at them as I was walking in... Them MOFO's got nutz!!! I'm 6'2, 230.. not a little guy by any means... I WISH I had caught them in the act!!! Anyway... Just venting, bought 4 new ones off of Ebay for $109.....:smt013

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't ya just HATE A THIEF!!! F***ing Mustang guys!! lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that. I live in the central Texas area too. Definitely some unsavory looking characters around here. I get compliments all the time on my truck but I'm wondering how many people be casing my [email protected] when I go into a store. My truck used to be a second vehicle and sat in the garage but I recently sold my daily driver so now the truck is the work horse. It sucks man that people r so dumb. I saw another post on here where someone keyed the hell out of another member's truck. It's senseless.

·
"01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
Don't ya just HATE A THIEF!!! F***ing Mustang guys!! lol
Yep when someone comes up to me and start asking about my truck I am always thinking in the back of my mind...do they really just like my truck and are being friendly or are they checking out if they can steal it or steal parts off it when i'm not around. Speaking of this I don't have full coverage insurance YET and was wondering how often these trucks get stolen? Haven't heard much about trucks being stolen on here.I do have a good factory alarm that is very sensitive, maybe I should get a stering wheel club too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe a Liar.. Or pedophile....:scared003 Thieves are def the top 3....
I have 3 cars... Sold my Fbod, Just bought the Lightning to drive so I don't put tons of mileage on my FSport... I actually had three people come up and inquire about my truck today... Most people are genuine.. There will always be that unsavory element...:smt097
Thanks for the link... I will have two extras once mine arrive... Post up if somebody swipes any of yours.... I can prolly help ya out..[smilie=om
[QUOTE="HIGH_VOLTAGE, post: 4565170, member: 9693"]Nothing worse then a thief[/quote]

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,279 Posts
That jus s#x bro.... guarantee you one of those [email protected]#k's has a L,!!! Hope you remember what they kinda looked like and catch him in his L !!! (n get ur caps back)......:potstirring

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts
Damn sorry to hear that bro.. I would wanna see the footage from the gas station cameras to be honest.. I thought the same thing happend to me once but in my driveway.( was definitely thinking about installing some cameras). a few days later I'm driving my normal route and I recognize something on the ground while I'm at a light sure enough it's MY black center cap.. damn thing had fallen off when I hit a pothole lol ofcorse it had been run over a few times but it was definitely mine.. Charlielightning has caps to sell for like $65 shipped on a new set.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have to chime in here... These centers do not just fall off unless they have been improperly installed or broken.

When removing mine, I have a difficult time getting them off without knocking them free from the back side (I never use tools to pry them as this will mar the wheels). A pothole would crunch the rim before they came off...

They were stolen. Keep an eye out for the Stang and take his caps if it would make you feel any better.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have to chime in here... These centers do not just fall off unless they have been improperly installed or broken.

When removing mine, I have a difficult time getting them off without knocking them free from the back side (I never use tools to pry them as this will mar the wheels). A pothole would crunch the rim before they came off...

They were stolen. Keep an eye out for the Stang and take his caps if it would make you feel any better.
No, then I'll have to read about a mustang member having their caps stolen from a Lightning owner!:yikes

·
Registered
910 Posts
steering wheel lock and break lock and viper alarm here, they broke into mine about 2 years ago. i also had center caps inside the truck but they didnt take those. sorry for this brother

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol... I would never do that.. However, I have been known to beat a mans ass and leave him where he lay....:smt021

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, Adam. I must respectfully disagree... Mine were in SOLID.. I avoid bad roads and potholes almost instinctively... lol.

$65 for a set is a SMOKIN deal... I paid $109 on ebay... Thanks for your input.:bigtu

Damn sorry to hear that bro.. I would wanna see the footage from the gas station cameras to be honest.. I thought the same thing happend to me once but in my driveway.( was definitely thinking about installing some cameras). a few days later I'm driving my normal route and I recognize something on the ground while I'm at a light sure enough it's MY black center cap.. damn thing had fallen off when I hit a pothole lol ofcorse it had been run over a few times but it was definitely mine.. Charlielightning has caps to sell for like $65 shipped on a new set.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The Kids take my Chrome valve stem caps all the damn time - can't keep em

·
aka EZTRBO
1,679 Posts
So, I am driving my Lightning this morning, working down in Waco. Pull up to get some fuel, walk inside to buy a bottle of water. As I am filling my truck I notice a couple of shady looking dudes putting gas in their Mustang! So I come out and to my surprise my drivers side Center Caps are GONE!!!! Now before you say I am jumping to conclusion, I am very OCD when it comes to my vehicles... I can only assume one of those jokers owned a L and was missing some center caps... Who knows, all I know is mine were GONE!! They were there when I pulled up... I looked right at them as I was walking in... Them MOFO's got nutz!!! I'm 6'2, 230.. not a little guy by any means... I WISH I had caught them in the act!!! Anyway... Just venting, bought 4 new ones off of Ebay for $109.....:smt013
We work to hard for some low life scumbag to come steal our property . Sorry to hear that
Wish I would've red this earlier and saved you $.I'm down to my last 2 sets . $65

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Charlie... I wish I would have know that you had em too.... One of the members told me about you, but I had already purchased a set off of Ebay.. As rare as these trucks are getting, I may snag another set from you. You ever up in DFW?

Matt

We work to hard for some low life scumbag to come steal our property . Sorry to hear that
Wish I would've red this earlier and saved you $.I'm down to my last 2 sets . $65

·
Registered
533 Posts
Damn that sucks man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts