Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exterior Plastic Going Grey - Or the Never Ending Search for a product that LASTS. I've owned my 04 since new and over the years purchased just about ever product going in a effort to find something that lasts more than a couple of weeks. My detailing shelf in the garage probably has ten different concoctions. I've even purchased all new pads for the Box and Bumper. The 303 Wipes are as good as anything else and very easy to use, just don't last.
The other day I came across a YouTube Video for "WipeNew". They claim 12 months protection. I don't know whats in the stuff but hand protection is stressed. Now the big Question, "Has anyone on the Forum used it on there Truck, AND DID IT LAST"

·
local painter
2,910 Posts
I’ve used a product that Keystone makes that’s is the same “animal”. It’s a wipe on clear coat. It works. After a year wipe it down again. I have before and after pics around here somewhere of a couple jobs Ive done with it.

here’s the link to the pics

Reactions: hotshot

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve used a product that Keystone makes that’s is the same “animal”. It’s a wipe on clear coat. It works. After a year wipe it down again. I have before and after pics around here somewhere of a couple jobs Ive done with it.

here’s the link to the pics
That product really looks amazing! Nice results

·
local painter
2,910 Posts
That product really looks amazing! Nice results
Thanks. It seems to hold up fine. We haven’t had any comebacks. From what I can tell is the next best thing to buying new plastics. Which aren’t really too pricy from ford....

·
Member Senior
169 Posts
Yes I have used wipe new. Don't get it on the paint because it is hard to get off. It will last a year.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts

Just read this review for Wipe New

Does the car wash create a reaction with the product? I’d hate to apply and then have all the plastic pieces be permanently damaged.

·
Member Senior
169 Posts

Just read this review for Wipe New

Does the car wash create a reaction with the product? I’d hate to apply and then have all the plastic pieces be permanently damaged.
Not on mine. Have no idea what happened with the vehicle in that review but I have never had a problem with it being washed. Mine is black so it gets washed plenty. Sometimes with every other tank of gas.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
303 cleaner and protectant on interior and exterior rubber and plastic. The low-gloss sheen won't last a year, but it also doesn't give you the greasy, used-car-lot-Armorall-saturation that most everything else does. New plastics are definitely the way to go if you can swing it, since they do change color over time and no product can fix that; my third brake lamp housing is noticeably lighter gray than the new plastics everywhere else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts