Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 lightning built motor ported heads stage 2 cams , OBX LT headers and a Magnaflow DI / DO muffler , I want to change my set up , was looking into an ARH full exhaust kit , I’m looking to quiet my exhaust a bit ..especially the in cab drone maybe some pacesetters , dyno max resonators an a bassani exhaust?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had Bassani, it sounds awesome at idle but it droned in the cab at cruising speeds. I'm currently looking to buy ARH full exhaust. I'm debating on the regular ARH exhaust or the JLP version.

·
Registered
304 Posts
OP, are you currently running cats? If not, I would highly suggest adding them. I ran the same setup as yours for years (assuming you don't have cats). I finally couldn't take the drone / rasp any longer. Welded in cats and haven't looked back.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
The arh is pretty quiet at idle and cruise. Mine doesn't drone till I'm doing 80+

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had Bassani, it sounds awesome at idle but it droned in the cab at cruising speeds. I'm currently looking to buy ARH full exhaust. I'm debating on the regular ARH exhaust or the JLP version.
I was looking into the jlp-ARH but I don’t think they have resonators
OP, are you currently running cats? If not, I would highly suggest adding them. I ran the same setup as yours for years (assuming you don't have cats). I finally couldn't take the drone / rasp any longer. Welded in cats and haven't looked back.

No cats , was also looking into hi flow cats but was told that with my set up I wouldn’t be able to install them

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The arh is pretty quiet at idle and cruise. Mine doesn't drone till I'm doing 80+
Since the AHR are made of Stainless steel I’m wondering if they’re going to make more noise bc of stainless being more thinner material I now my obx LT are noisy but then there cheap

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was looking into the jlp-ARH but I don’t think they have resonators
No cats , was also looking into hi flow cats but was told that with my set up I wouldn’t be able to install them
I would get a second opinion on that. If I recall, the no names I purchased off of eBay were 10 or 11 inches in length. The shop said it was tight, but went in with no fuss. Night and day difference in sound at idle and cruising. WOT still screams.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,764 Posts
Bassani Comp R or ARH, can't go wrong with either. I personally love the deep rumble of the Comp R.

Super easy to install as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the ARH 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 make a big difference? I want to go with the ARH exhaust but now I can decide which to go with

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,299 Posts
How much Power do you plan on making, the 1-3/4" street and the 1-7/8" race.
If you buy through ARH, you can add some bungs for the widebands and have the EGR fitting deleted..

·
Registered
410 Posts
The best way to eliminate or reduce drone with headers on the L, is to use two of the largest bodied Magnaflows you can possibly fit. H-pipe will slightly reduce dBs at idle and part-throttle, and provide more room for the larger cans. It will still be loud at WOT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The best way to eliminate or reduce drone with headers on the L, is to use two of the largest bodied Magnaflows you can possibly fit. H-pipe will slightly reduce dBs at idle and part-throttle, and provide more room for the larger cans. It will still be loud at WOT.
How much Power do you plan on making, the 1-3/4" street and the 1-7/8" race.
If you buy through ARH, you can add some bungs for the widebands and have the EGR fitting deleted..
RN I’m at 750 hp not thinking of going higher anytime soon mostly street use

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,299 Posts
That system you listed, does not include the muffler back...
the full system part number is
LT-99178300FSNC

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
As he stated call arh or jj @ wms. You can have the egr bung removed(not added) and add wideband bungs.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
I love my arh except at part throttle at 2500 rpms. It sounds like a floppy wet towel.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just put on the ARH 1 3/4 w/cats, full system, and I have no droning in the cab at any RPM.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Whatever happened to that old Cannon exhaust system that Stainless Works made for them? Weren't they a really good exhaust system? Not sure if 2.5" or 3" though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts