Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the F…
So many questions. Stock block? Who’s outlaw racing? Anyone know this truck? Seems clean but damn! 225K miles is wild on a L.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive mirror
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,711 Posts
I picked up a 1999 with that many miles in the Detroit area some years ago to be shipped to the UK. Paid $5k for it. The guy had documented every oil change on the truck, and even had a notebook with every gas fill-up. It was mechanically in great shape, but it needed paint, interior was about a 5 out of 10, and it has rust issues on the underside of the truck. I drove it from MI to IL and then to Baltimore port to go on a ship. Ran great. This truck is WAY over-priced though...

Reactions: NMSVT and utlong31

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed! Way over priced… I also found the PSE one off build you know that one L with 2 superchargers? It’s in the Craigslist section. They only want $25k for that one! But it needs a new engine…

Reactions: utlong31

·
Registered
12 Posts
the more the better for the sake of making these trucks valuable,, its up to society anyway and what they're willing to pay,,,,,

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Mines at almost 206K. Runs like a top. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.
Speedometer Odometer Car Gauge Tachometer

The key to keeping a L reliable is to stick with a stock pulley, especially when using a stock engine. Still more power effects the reliability of other parts of the drivetrain as well.

Reactions: NMSVT and dameon911
1 - 8 of 8 Posts