Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you guys have heard of this company but they make amazing sunglasses/goggles. My buddy just got a pair and I thought they were pretty sweet so I looked them up. I recommend you guys do to, the price isn't to steep either.

http://www.esseyepro.com/index.html

ESS eyewear features high-impact polycarbonate lenses, which can stop a shotgun blast from 35 feet.

Also you can read comments from other people who have bought them. Here's one that I think is impressive.

<LI class=quote>I am writing to show and tell you of the in-field performance of the fantastic protective eyewear ESS has developed. The attached photos were taken before and after a sniper attack outside of Mosul, Iraq, on July 3, 2006. I was positioned in the right rear hatch of my rolling Stryker when a sniper that had claimed the life of a fellow soldier and good friend three days prior struck again. This time, the snipers bullet hit my gun mount and continued on to fragment and splatter on the right lens of my ESS CDI sunglasses. While I was knocked down with the impact of the bullet, I suffered only minor injuries to my head and was back in action within the week. As strong testimony to the physical toughness of the CDI glasses, after the sniper attack I simply replaced the fractured lenses and continued to wear the glasses in combat for the remaining five months of duty in Baghdad. The frames were dinged a bit, but still functioned as new, even after taking a hit from a 7.62 sniper round.Many thanks to your product development department and all of those associated with making these fine products available to our brave young men and women that continue to fight the fight in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Sgt. Ross Shores, 172nd Stryker Brigade, 562nd Eng. Co​

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
I've been issued a bunch of thier eyewear from RFI draw, most of it is decent

·
Killer-HD
3,834 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.