Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Eat.Sleep.Lightning.
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine bay is horrible.
Dirty as all hell, and the ram air hood doesnt help.
I was thinking about power washing after lettting some simple green or purple power sit...
anyone do this? and whats the best way to clean the engine bay,what needs to be covered?

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
put paper towels around the cops i would just use a garden hose and hand wipe everything down preasure washing gets water everywhere you dont need it to be just make an afternoon of it doin it by hand

·
ROADHOUSE
25,433 Posts
Mine just gets wiped down also. I know guys who spray theirs every week with simple green and water that never mess up a COP, but I just don't want to chance it. I spray nylex/nylox, something like that (can't remember the name) on a rag and wipe everything down then go back with a dry cloth.

·
I'm kind of a Big Deal
3,025 Posts
I spray simple green on ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! Don't be scared. Just go to town on that bitch and let it sit for five minutes.

Put a ziploc bag around your air filter. Then get out your 3000 psi pressure washer, 25* tip, and spray that puppy down.

Then you get this:

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
I spray simple green on ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! Don't be scared. Just go to town on that bitch and let it sit for five minutes.

Put a ziploc bag around your air filter. Then get out your 3000 psi pressure washer, 25* tip, and spray that puppy down.
WAY TOO MUCH PRESSURE. You just blew everything out of your engine bay!!!!

·
I'm kind of a Big Deal
3,025 Posts

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
heard about covering the cops, but i definitly would not pressure wash my engine bay, all i do is spray it with engine shine n just wipe it off... comes out nice ill post pics. later

·
I'm kind of a Big Deal
3,025 Posts
I know a lot of people would swear that pressure washin an engine is bad but I have been doing it for years.

I pressure wash the wife's brand new EXPY, my daily driver Mazda, and the Lightning has gotten it many times. Never a single issue.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
I know a lot of people would swear that pressure washin an engine is bad but I have been doing it for years.

I pressure wash the wife's brand new EXPY, my daily driver Mazda, and the Lightning has gotten it many times. Never a single issue.

Maybe I'm just lucky?
Nah, not lucky. The gods just have pity on you because you have a jerk neighbor.

·
I'm kind of a Big Deal
3,025 Posts
Nah, not lucky. The gods just have pity on you because you have a jerk neighbor.
HAHAHA

I hope they have pity on me when I take all 4 dogs to sh!t in their yard this weekend.

BTW, she called the cops on me last week because I wrote her name on the mailbox. Obviously they couldn't do anything about it, but I took it down.

It was falling apart after the rain.

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts

Same here been doin this on vehicles for years and no problems. Got more to do with common sense than luck.

So you wrote b!tch on the mailbox and she knew it was her?:smt023

·
Silver is the fastest color
5,079 Posts
me and mike frozen did our engine bays with P21S its the best stuff ever in my opion...

wut u do is cover just the intake then on a hot motor spray on the P21S on the dry motor

then wait 10-15 min and take the garden hose rinse everything

repeat the process if need be

·
I'm kind of a Big Deal
3,025 Posts
3000psi? For real?

Damn dude, suprised you havent blown everything to kingdom come out of the motor bay.

I just use tons of elbow grease, simple green diluted with water, with rags...
It's not like a use a tip that will eat through concrete. Put the right tip in and its just enough to blast the crap outta the places you could never reach any other way.

The results speak for themselves. Those pictures above are without any kind of dressing whatsoever. And lets not forget, I get done in 10 mintues what it takes most people endless hours to do by hand.

I worked at Carmax for a few years back in my younger days as a mechanic. I watched countless cars brought into the detail booth and the PROFESSIONAL detailer popped the hood, got out the pressure washer, and went to town, on every single car. No problems that I ever heard of there either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts