Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This elbow keeps popping off when the truck gets boost, it’ll pop off an leave a lound wheeze sound. What can I do to keep it from popping off / why would it be popping off ? I attached pictures
Gas Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
103 Posts
Could be an old rubber boot, try removing it by hand and see if it slips off easily, it should normally take a bit of force to remove. Like person above mentioned you can zip tie for a quick fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Detonation can cause this. Make sure tune is safe before mechanically securing the hose,.

Jim
Should there be signs leading to that ? Everything seems to be fine nothing unusual everything runs good, the elbow does look to be old an just slips right off with no force

·
Administrator
18,618 Posts
Detonation is difficult to hear most times. Pull plugs and check condition of them. Charts available to see what issues look like. Or a simple test is to octane up(Torco Race fuel concentrate is my favorite) and see if issue stops. If satisfied there is no detonation, a bit of sealant and a zip tie should be good to go.

Jim

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,296 Posts
Oil has probably contaminated the rubber, making it soft. Add some boost and blows it off.
Like the others have said, zip tie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts