Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Black Sunshine
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cel on replaced dpse, no dice. Any ideas. I did the hose check out on egr sucked on hose engine died!?

Rear end noise, cruising speeds 60 and up let off gas hear a almost vibration noise. May be nothing but just curious, While I sit bored at the job site.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,121 Posts
DPFE. Did you disconnect the negative terminal on the battery before replacing that? Doing that alerts the ECM that there may be a new part. 90% of the time, EGE codes are caused by a faulty DPFE. Buy it at Vato Zone? Quite often their parts are suspect. I've had to take back countless IAC's (and one DPFE) due to issues with them. Finally started buying things from either O'Reilly's or NAPA. Had much better luck since doing so.

·
Black Sunshine
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O'reilly is where I got it. Might need to return. I unplugged the neg terminal cel went out. 20 miles later back on.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,121 Posts
O'reilly is where I got it. Might need to return. I unplugged the neg terminal cel went out. 20 miles later back on.
I know it's probably a dumb question. Is the code EGR related? Have you actually taken the EGR valve off and examined it? Pep Boys has a big syringe in the two stroke oil section, for premixing. I have two of these. They are great for things like this. Hook the hose on the syringe to the vacuum port and activate the syringe. See if the valve actually moves, or does not move. Could be a bad diapraghm. They do rot and cease to function.

·
Black Sunshine
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did something similar and hooked a hose and sucked on the hose and the engine died. I'm guessing it works??

·
Registered
634 Posts
The rear end on mine made noise like yours plus chattered on corners. Did the old 'one wheel peel' also. Had new clutches put in the rear end and all is well now.

·
Black Sunshine
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replaced egr dpfe sensor with motor craft and cel came back on again. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
524 Posts
noise

Pull the drive shaft and check the universal joints. One of them may be binding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts