Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are how too's and I followed it. My question is: The MAP sensor (the only sensor left that needs to be plugged in on the how tto) has an o ring on the bottom like it's hooked to a vaccum source? I just put the new engine in and I do not see what would plug into it! Also I could not find a vaccum line coming out of the firewall other than the boost gauge for the vaccum canisters. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
That sensor that is left with the oring on it doesn't connect to anything it reads atmospheric pressure. For tune adjustment for different elevations.

Wayne

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
114 Posts
I saw a video on Youtube that suggested a retune if you do the EGR delete. Is this true and is there power gains to be had?

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,399 Posts
I saw a video on Youtube that suggested a retune if you do the EGR delete. Is this true and is there power gains to be had?
I deleted mine last year when I went with a MP blower over an Eaton. I haven't retuned. It's mainly an engine compartment clean up thing. Makes plug changes easier, etc. See no reason to retune for it.

Hell, I'm running a MP blower, two pound lower cog set up, Accufab throttle body, C & L elbow, LFP filter adapter with a K & N powerstack, two back cats deleted, EGR deleted, on the stock tune. And no problems at all, even on cold nights.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wanted to try and delete mine next weekend.

·
10,399 Posts
Wanted to try and delete mine next weekend.
Don't you live in commiefornia? Land of the annual smog test?

Here's mine without the EGR valve, and the power steering reservoir relocated to the fan shroud. Look Ma! COPS! I can see them!

And, far as I know, it's not a MAP sensor, it's a BAP sensor. Barometric Pressure sensor. It's labeled BPS in this diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Don't you live in commiefornia? Land of the annual smog test?

Here's mine without the EGR valve, and the power steering reservoir relocated to the fan shroud. Look Ma! COPS! I can see them!

And, far as I know, it's not a MAP sensor, it's a BAP sensor. Barometric Pressure sensor. It's labeled BPS in this diagram.
No sir! Great state of Texas! Lol no smog test

·
10,399 Posts
No sir! Great state of Texas! Lol no smog test
I heard some localities in Texas have them. I live in Oklahoma, none here anywhere. Even when you buy a vehicle used, no smog test. When I bought the Mustang last year, they didn't even come out and look it over to see if all the lights worked and what not.

Reactions: JorgeSS

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah: just took my lightning for inspection
Everything works, so passed with flying colors

·
Professional Lackey
415 Posts
Yeah: just took my lightning for inspection
Everything works, so passed with flying colors
As long as your tuner turns the EGR off in the tune and your pcm reads it as N/A instead of not ready it will pass in Texas. The inspection machines only look at the monitors that are turned on and reading, it could care less about what’s turned off.

For instance my EGR, EVAP, and post cat O2s are all turned off but I still pass in Texas just fine.

·
10,399 Posts
In post #8, he said he didn't have to do inspections. Then in post #10 ,he said he took it to get inspected. HUH?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts