Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,786 Posts
What’s did you use for the block off plate?
Not sure who made it. Got it several years ago when I bought my first JLP plenum from a guy on this site. The plate was already on the plenum. It just collected dust for several years until I finally did the delete while swapping to a MP blower. You can see it in this picture. But really, a simple piece of flat aluminum would suffice. I could make them easily. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Cut it to shape, drill two holes, countersimk the holes if wanted, polish it if wanted. Wouldn't take half an hour.

Heading it off. The bracket you see attached to the plate is to stiffen the throttle cable bracket. When you relocate the P.S. reservoir to the shroud and delete all the P.S. reservoir brackets, you lose one point of connection for the cable bracket. And the cable bracket starts exhibiting some fore-and-aft wiggling. Which I suspect affects throttle cable tension. I made that bracket to stop the fore / aft play. Basically it replaces the attachment point from the bottom of the cable bracket to the reservoir bracket.

Attachments

Reactions: dannyrok

·
10,786 Posts
Easier plug changes on the driver's side. Same with relocating the power steering reservoir and getting rid of all the brackets. Changing the heater hoses to Tim's shorty hoses for easier plug changes on the passenger side. Cleaner engine compartment is just a side benefit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why would you want exhaust gas being mixed with fresh intake air?
I guess it depends on your goals. I won’t delete mine because it isn’t a race truck and I’d like to pass emissions testing. It only recirculates when the valve is open and it is only open under vacuum. It doesn’t affect performance under load.

·
10,786 Posts
Some states, like mine, don't do emissions testing. So.......................................

·
AntiSocial
21 BMW M550i xDrive, 18 Chevy Equinox LT 2.0T
921 Posts
I have mine turned off in the tune, but the hardware is still there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have an EGR kit laying around they would be willing to sell me? I just purchased a 2000 Lightning and need to install the EGR system back to pass emissions. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Scott, Thanks for being willing to part with your EGR system. I actually already found one from another member. Thank you. I am looking for an original air filter box with intake tube if you have that?
Hi again, on another note I am in the need of an original air intake box and pipe if you have those pieces? Let me know if there is any chance that you might have those items laying around. Thanks Scott. Craig

21 - 33 of 33 Posts