Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any1ave an EGR blockoff kit myfriend makes them and he had to import the caps for the exhaust manifold b/c something about the cap material had to be made harder than the material of the exhuastmanifold or something anyways has any1 had any problems with those caps vibrating loose? also if any1 wants the kit i think he only gets 20 bucks for them. pm me of yor interested i do have pics of mine also.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Can you post some pic's of Your's, I'd love to see it.

YOU KNOW WHATS COMING RIGHT :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have all my EGR stuff removed....I guess I need to take pics huh? :D

I build my blockoffs and stuff from crap I found at Lowe's :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can take pics but some1, will have to post them for me b/c i have no clue how can some1 do that?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
BoostinSvt954 said:
i can take pics but some1, will have to post them for me b/c i have no clue how can some1 do that?
To post pics that are saved on your hard drive, click on the REPLY button, then look for a link WITHIN the reply/post menu labeled "Additional Options...", CLICK on that, and you will see the option to attach files to the post.

If you have any problems PM ME or Rob! :)

-Chris

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill take pics today and post them

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok Guys I admit I'm stupid about this but what purpose does blocking the EGR off do?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to be honest it doesnt really do much performance wise besides keep all that hot exhaust gas out of the plenum but it does clean up the engine bay alot it made my polished uppers look alot better than with the rusty old egr on there look at the thread that says egr block off pics.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wondered I couldn't figure out why it would help performance but you're right it would clean up the engine compartment, can you paint them?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what did u want to paint the egr? or the blocking plate? the egr probably wouldnt hold paint too well and the plate u could but its not really big enough to bother painting. unless u polished the plate that might look neat.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks good almost exactly like mine im trying to figure out what to use to make a new plate so i can polish the block off plate so it willl match my plenum. i dunno what material to use that will polish up good.

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
how did u guys block it of at the header ? I'm thinking of affing LTs to my truck this winter and while at it taking off the egr..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts