Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some research using the search function however I did not see anything that answers my question. I am collecting the parts necessary to do an Eaton swap on my '03 Supercrew. My question is in regards to the harmonic balancer that I will need for the swap. I have the lower caged pulley assembly for a 99-00, it came with a flange that appears it would bolt onto a balancer and allow the caged pulley to thread on. I did a search on the White Bear (formerly Tousley) website for the Ford number on the 01-03 Lightning stock balancer and its the same number as the NA balancer. Will that flange bolt to my OE balancer? If not, is there any reason that an 03/04 Cobra balancer would not work? I have a nice low mileage version that looks like would allow me to eliminate the flange entirely. Both my truck and the 03/04 use a 6 rib inner belt so that is not an issue.

I understand the 99-00 and the 01-up have some differences. I am curious what my best option is?

·
Registered
990 Posts
The 3 bolt flange pattern is the same. My truck is also an '03 with the 6 rib belt. If you have the caged lower with the bolt on style inner hub it will be fine. I put an aftermarket 4lb lower pulley set up for a lightning on my truck and it bolted up just fine. It may be a route to consider unless you want the stock size lower.

·
Aka 2003_lightning
12,215 Posts
Get a metco hub and run a stock size pulley that way it's easier to up the boost when your ready

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good to know about the flange bolting up, that will make things easier. I'm not looking for much over stock boost, I'm going to put a JLT on it otherwise it will be stock. I picked up a brand new in the crate oe Ford '00 supercharger/intake assembly, it came with the new lower cage/flange, alternator, and a pulley bridge set up. I picked up rails, 39lb injectors, MAF, and an 03/04 Cobra stock H/E. I have some of the Cobra plumbing and IC pump left over from other Cobra projects. I still need a plenum and TB, alternator bracket, some of the vacuum lines, and some wiring/sensors to complete it. Not trying to set the world on fire just need some more daily power and towing grunt.

·
Dude
2,363 Posts
Your going to want to get some stock L fuel injectors which are 42lbers. And dont forget either a Lightning fuel hat which is for 2 pumps or just a single higher capacity fuel pump. I do have a pair of stock pumps, if you need them let me know.:smt023:rockon_ford

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your going to want to get some stock L fuel injectors which are 42lbers. And dont forget either a Lightning fuel hat which is for 2 pumps or just a single higher capacity fuel pump. I do have a pair of stock pumps, if you need them let me know.:smt023:rockon_ford
Thanks for the reminder, I was planning to stick a 255 or 340lph in the tank. I am using a set of 39lbers out of an 03/04 Cobra and a stock 90mm Cobra MAF those should be sufficient for what I am looking at power wise. It is going to be a spring project, I am trying to get everything I need beforehand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts