Lightning Rodder banner

dyno question?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  hevymtl 
#1 ·
i dynoed my truck last week and it only made 384hp and 507 torque but the air/fuel was off the scale below 3600 rpms and now i have the delta chip with my friends tune on it and it made 410 and 537 with a perfect 12.2 air/fuel across the board. i have a 2# upper and 4# lower pulleys,intake,chip,xhaust,and ported and polished throttle body and plenum are these normal numbers they seem kind of low?

#2 ·
The numbers are fine given a street tune.
You never mentioned what your timing was set at for the 410 hp/537 tq/12.2:1 A/F ratio.
You could squeeze some more out on a race tune with the timing jacked up some more and using race gas.

The mods you have that will make power are the 2# upper and the 4# lower (however, heat from overspinning the eaton could be costing you power. You could go to an Apten port job and remove the 2# upper and you'd run a cooler IAT2 temp and make more boost). The upper plenum, if you're running the C&L you might make a little power here.

The exhaust, unless you're running long tubes isn't going to give you much extra hp, same with the throttle body or open element filter intake.

#4 ·
yeah my friend owns next generation where all my work is done and the ported eaton is getting done right now he said h should be done by next week. he has lots of work to do. im also thinking of putting nitrous too just a 75 shot for now do u think the bottom end will be ok on a 75 shot

#5 ·
Mines held up for 2 full years and 2 racing seasons with Nitrous.
I dyno'd at 501/615 with a 75 Shot (now I run more, --> 100 Nitrous HP)

In the name of good Forum, when Sal gives me back my Stock Rods, Pistons, ETC,
I will post pic's of them to see if any stretching, twisting, or bending has occured  [smilie=fingersx.gif]

He's getting the truck this weekend to Start the Rebuild, (it currently runs Flawless)
Should have the old stuff back in a month or so, we're figuring @ 2 months for the full rebuild,
I'm rebuilding MY MOTOR and it has to go out for Balancing and Blue Printing, Heads are having inserts put in, etc....
NO Cams, Heads etc being added, JUST MORE BOOST AND A LOT more N20  :D

#6 ·
thats awesome yeah my friend owns a shop and eventually im thinking about building the bottom end but i wanna do a 75 shot for now until i can save enough for the bottom end.

#7 ·
Rob_02Lightning said:
Mines held up for 2 full years and 2 racing seasons with Nitrous.
I dyno'd at 501/615 with a 75 Shot (now I run more, --> 100 Nitrous HP)

In the name of good Forum, when Sal gives me back my Stock Rods, Pistons, ETC,
I will post pic's of them to see if any stretching, twisting, or bending has occured  [smilie=fingersx.gif]

He's getting the truck this weekend to Start the Rebuild, (it currently runs Flawless)
Should have the old stuff back in a month or so, we're figuring @ 2 months for the full rebuild,
I'm rebuilding MY MOTOR and it has to go out for Balancing and Blue Printing, Heads are having inserts put in, etc....
NO Cams, Heads etc being added, JUST MORE BOOST AND A LOT more N20  :D
Thats on a stock bottom ,Rob??! [smilie=eek4.gif]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.