Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well on my street 16* tune on 100 octane. I put down (corrected)377hp and 492lbft of torque on the DynoJet...I'll get the dyno sheet up tonight. couldn't get any A/F ratios or boost numbers but I know its running a little rich. Wanted to run the Race tune but was afraid of the octane not being high enough for 20*. 85* temp, 35.6 humidity, and baro was at 21.13 so weather sucked for good power but pretty happy. She ran and sounded great!

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
wow..Id figure alot more with a 6lb and ported Eaton. But again shitty weather shitty numbers. Despite the numbers Im sure it feels stronger

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Yeah, I'd have figured you would have been in the 400/500 club with those mods.

After driving my truck for nearly 2 hours (with maybe an hour of cooldown), and on a fairly warm day, I turned 425 hp on 15* tune running Sunoco Ultra 94.

Running e85, I have safely bumped it up to 20* timing...so I think you would have been good to go that far on 100 octane.

My numbers have all been on a Mustang dyno.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
my truck put down 350hp w/ a 4 lower and a Pred canned tune (fuel all the way up). This was in the heat of July when I first started modding in 2004. Something seems off... All those mods should have you in the 400/500 easy. IAT2s might be pulling time on you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice numbers! I just had my L on the dyno(dynojet) yesterday. With a 4lb lower, k&n cold air, obx catback, SCT custom tune w/chip, tr6 .33, 13psi she made 379.9hp 465.6trq on 91 pump gas and 16* timing! Ambient temps were 85* in the shop. I need to get rid of my cats!!! So close to 400

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah 130000 miles on the stock block and heads im sure im loosing power somewhere in the motor... i have a cert in #3 and it misses every now and then also. I'm more impressed with the torque than anything... 3500rpm and hit almost 500lb ft. Pretty sure these headers are way to big for what im running and being rich really doesn't help down low. Also I was driving and im sure i didn't get the most out of it. only made 2 runs.

i think i def need to bite the bullet and get this thing professionally dyno tuned. I'm 100% sure im pig rich and my 1/8 8.xx times reflect that im making more power than that anyway so im not dissapointed at all. I just know i need to do some tweaking to get this sucker running right.

according to a race calculator and my truck at 4450 im estimated around 397hp (uncorrected).

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
If you are strictly going to a dyno for numbers than this isn't the time of year to do so. Go in the fall when it's nice and cool if you want better #s.

I'm going to the dyno soon to get some info for JDM to adjust my tune, not overly concerned what I put down...yet anyway.

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Free runs on the NTI dynojet for top of the class students.... it was free and i was driving so had some trouble stabbing the throttle in the right spot without a kickdown.

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Heat does play a major factor in our trucks. Glad you got more power now!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Congrats on the numbers! Definitely want to ride down to Amazon come Fall...you'll probably put down comparable(if not larger) numbers on their Mustang dyno without any corrections.

·
land of 10,000 lakes!
411 Posts
Gosh, I would have guess higher numbers too!
Ive got a 4lb lower, predator tune, cold air, Stock Eaton, hi flow cats and bassani cat back and I put down 391rwhp/494rwtq on a dyno jet

When I dynoed for Real Street at Car Craft it was a little lower, but it was like 85 and SUPER HUMID!! It did 375/475 on the outdoor mobile dyno jet.

I wuld guess you should be more in the range of 415-430 according to the others on the site with similar mods to yours.

·
AKA Mr. Breeze
4,291 Posts
Gosh, I would have guess higher numbers too!
Ive got a 4lb lower, predator tune, cold air, Stock Eaton, hi flow cats and bassani cat back and I put down 391rwhp/494rwtq on a dyno jet

When I dynoed for Real Street at Car Craft it was a little lower, but it was like 85 and SUPER HUMID!! It did 375/475 on the outdoor mobile dyno jet.

I wuld guess you should be more in the range of 415-430 according to the others on the site with similar mods to yours.
What does it run in the 1/4?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,678 Posts
as long as it produces decent ET's who cares how much it puts down on the rollers

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^^^ she has another .5 in her now with traction

One pass at ZMAX and was a crappy run spinning of the line and it was a [email protected] i've run loads of 8.2s and best of 8.1xx in the 1/8 in the same kind of weather hot and humid. Hell I ran the 8.1 when it was almost 90* an evening after it rained so it was humid as crap that day too.

·
land of 10,000 lakes!
411 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You could take it to pro-dyno(dan is the tuner) close to carowinds. I bet he could get you some more power very good guy and will treat you right. He spent all night working on my truck. I made 405whp 518wtq on 93 with a safe tune. It was about 87degrees that day to. Sae Corrected numbers where 403 and 515. He is good

1 - 20 of 21 Posts