Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my tuning shop to get my fp adjusted to 40psi at idle instead of the 60 I was currently at. My truck was running 10.9 wot so we got it right at 11.6. 12* timing 125 shot made 616/701. So I was very happy... I had a miss but didn't have time to change the plugs which I'm surprised it made that power

Now the track :(. Only good news is my truck FINALLY wil make a full pass!!!
I ran a 11.8 1.61 60ft 117mph. I forgot to spray first gear and part of second, my truck banged the limitor going into second(guess that the shift point is off) and I have bad plugs lol.

So overall I'm pretty happy. Truck is full weight with 20" rims up from and 16" slicks in the back. Only weight reduction is no spare tire. Nothing else has been changed.... Lemme know what u guys think. I have an iPhone4 video of the pass on my gf's phone. I'll post asap

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congrats! Nice 60' time for no spray :cheers

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
That is getting er done.

:bigtu:bigtu-Bob

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I figure with new plugs, spraying off the line, and getting the shift points correct it should EASILY go low 11's. The hp I believe is there for a high 10 but I need to drop some weight.

Gonna pull the plugs next Thursday and see how bad they are, I have a pretty good miss coming through the exhaust

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Dude I was there....I just made a post about your truck lol.I was actually opening the door/getting in my lightning as you made the pass,when the anouncer said a lightning was staging I stopped and watched you.Man your truck hauls.We might have to meet up sometime to bs,etc.

·
Former Rowing Team.
11,835 Posts
Cool. I have a 150 shot in mine. My goal is only a 11.9x on motor though. Whatever i run on spray is just for fun. It would be cool to get a 10 second pass but i dont think it will happen. I'm still on stock suspension but we will see. Good luck though man.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's awesome, I wonder between the bad plugs n shit what she'll do in some cooler weather.
Well tHe cooler weather wont happen. It was about 55* out so iat's I don't think were that big of an issue, tho I was in line for about 2hours constantly starting the truck up.

My main things are to spray the full pass, put fresh plugs in, and not hit the limitor...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It was colder than that at the track,my outside temp guage on my truck said 44F.That was the main reason I didnt run my truck,I didnt want to push it home.I was the only idiot wearing shorts(it was fine when I went into work that afternoon),55F would of felt good lol.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You certainly don't want to hit the limiter while spraying. Bad things can happen. Get those shift points in order before spraying again.

Jim
+1, thats how I lifted a head.
Thats how i exploded the stock 4.6 in my truck way back in the day. Stock non pi 4.6 125 shot, shocked the tires as i kicked it down and sprayed it. Hit the rev limiter, flames blew out from under the hood next thing i new we were pushing it on a trailer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
15 Participants
boss1984
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing