Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to level out my truck. I know there are many different ways/brands to go with. I am simply looking for a simple drop in the most cost effective way. So what and were would you guys suggest to purchase some shackles.

ALSO, my L is an 04. Every where I search the models only go from 99-03. So will the shackles that say "only 99-03" fit my 04 model? I am thinking so, but I just wanted to ask you guys to make sure.

Thanks in advance!!!:bigtu

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Shackles will not get you level..... '03-'04 Ls have a higher load capacity hence the jacked up rears. I am running shackles on my 2000 and it leveled out the truck perfectly.

Hope this helps a bit

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
BellTech or JLP shackles and take a leaf out

·
Registered
450 Posts
I went with the JLP's (on second setting) and removed two leaf's along with the Hotchkis Springs in the front, mine is an 04 and it leveled out nicely. You will need different shocks or extenders with this as well. Or if your not messing with the front the JLP's on the third setting should get you there. Keep an eye on that drive shaft clearance to the bed support though !

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
04 or 03 are all the same,so yes it would be correct to order 03 shackles.I have an 04,removed 2 leafs,I installed 2 inch ground force shackles,on the bottom hole,got belltech shock extenders,cut the stock bump stops in half (much beefer than other aftermarket brands),all tow and spare tire removed,installed DMR Spyder brace 2,and AirLift helper bags,inflated to 15 pounds around town,and more (up to 100 if needed) for hauling,and it's level,firm and not to harsh. These mods were all done,with the advise of one of the most reknown chassis experts on our board,Pitstain, and it has served me well.:rockon_ford

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
I am looking to level out my truck. I know there are many different ways/brands to go with. I am simply looking for a simple drop in the most cost effective way. So what and were would you guys suggest to purchase some shackles.

ALSO, my L is an 04. Every where I search the models only go from 99-03. So will the shackles that say "only 99-03" fit my 04 model? I am thinking so, but I just wanted to ask you guys to make sure.

Thanks in advance!!!:bigtu

Also in 04 they came out with the newer bodystyle F150 but kept out style going in the Heritage and Lightning model. So alot of parts will stop at 03 but will work with the 04L

·
04' Sonic Blue L
215 Posts
I have an 04'. I bought the JLP shackles and set them on the middle hole. Had a vibration afterward, so I took the stock pinion shims out and no more vibration. Don't know if it matters but I also took my spare tire and winch off. It sits level with the front. :smt023
I plan on buying either the frpp or hotchkis coil springs to give it a slight tilt.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Jlp's will give you the biggest drop hands down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! I will probably just stick with a simple shackle drop right now and maybe more in the future.

·
05' EMC Champ
325 Posts
If the front is stock, JLP 4" shackles will level the truck out if they're mounted on the highest hole. Pinion shims may, or may not need to be reversed. 50\50 chance yours will. Vibration issues usually happen at around 25 mph when dropped with shackles.
My truck below with JLP 4" shackles.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.