Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Established Member
The keypad on the driver’s side door doesn’t unlock the truck. They keypad doesn’t light up when the keys are pressed. Is this a module issue, fuse, and/ or do I need a new keypad. Any how to’s or links would be appreciated.

·
Registered
941 Posts
1st things 1st. Have you opened the inside of the door and made sure it was plugged in? Is it getting power at the switch/keypaf? If not, check the fuse. If it is getting power all the way to the switch and its plugged in correctly then sounds to me that a new keypad is the fix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you're not afraid of a little work, you might be able to repair the one you have. Take the door panel off and remove (03 HD) the two press on washer nuts that hold the pad in place on the inside. There might be a little bolt screw that needs to be removed-it's been awhile since I did mine. Once the pad is out, pry the pad apart with a small screw driver or similar. There's four catch tabs holding the two pieces together. On the backside of the numbers is a circuit board. Take a clean pencil eraser and clean the paths on the circuit board. As the books say, reverse the order to put back together.
The other fix, go to a junkyard and remove a pad with the cable attached and replace it.

·
Registered
2001 Ford Lightning
187 Posts
Established Member
What model year is the truck? If you put a keypad on older year, sometimes you have to get it programmed to work right.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i removed mine ,stripped and cleaned it with nail varnish remover and it worked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts