Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LuNatic underconstruction
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2000 L and other than the aluminum drive shaft being lighter than the steel one that it comes euipped with it, which one is stronger the aluminum or steel? which is better? also my truck is super low and wanted to know how to fix the pinion angle on it?

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
if there is nothing wrong with your shaft (teehee) now I wouldnt worry about replacing it unless you just want the lighter weight and pretty looks of the aluminum. As far as pinion angle goes you need to get an angle gauge on there and see how far out of spec you are and then get yourself that many degree pinion shims. Slip them in between the leaf pack and the perch it sits on and you should be set.

·
LuNatic underconstruction
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if there is nothing wrong with your shaft (teehee) now I wouldnt worry about replacing it unless you just want the lighter weight and pretty looks of the aluminum. As far as pinion angle goes you need to get an angle gauge on there and see how far out of spec you are and then get yourself that many degree pinion shims. Slip them in between the leaf pack and the perch it sits on and you should be set.
^^^so i dont have to lift my truck up to get a better pinion angle and traction(weight transfer)....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts