Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a pretty cool weekend up here in New England with not one... but two Lightning events to go to. On Saturday we had Stan's "Lightning Strikes New England BBQ, Bullshit, and Mod Party" which was in Pembroke, MA I'll call it near Plymouth, MA. Awesome time had by one and all. And then on Sunday... Stan, Anthony, and I went to High Octane Performance is Shrewsbury, MA where they hosted a Gen1 Lightning GTG complete with coffee, donuts, muffins in the morning and some pretty good Pizza in the afternoon. Shrewsbury is right next to Worcester, kind of in the middle of Massachusetts, and we even had some folks from CT there. I took a lot of pictures both days, so I'll post them here along with whatever comments I can come up with LOL.

Lightning Strikes New England BBQ, Bullshit, & Mod Party

Attachments

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
That was Stan's Event above... so now I'll show some pix from Greg's [SONNY] Event at High Octane Motorsports. Inside all those garage bays are even more Muscle Cars. Bunch of Chevelles, Mopars, a Camaro, and a really nice GTO. Each lift had even more on them but they didn't want to swamp the lot with their project cars. Probably had it been a little warmer (we did see some snow flurries later) there would've been even more people at the event. High Octane's owner Dan Marinelli did a real nice job of hosting this event. They buy/sell muscle cars, sometimes get some barn finds and keep them sitting there until they find a buyer, then basically restomod the car, put the motor, trans, whatever... even get it painted however the new owner wants it. They also sell on consignment.

That red Gen1 belongs to John McDonald who lives down in CT and John is one of the original Lightning guys... he goes way back with the NJ Lightning Gen1 gang as well as the various Lightning organizations. I think his handle on NLOC is Run/Fast351 or something like that. Anyway, he still races his truck and just note that the motor itself has never been out of the truck, it has 200,000 miles on it, but its been tweeked with TF Heads and a bunch of other mods... it runs very low 13's. He might be at Spookfest if he can get some time off.

The clack truck on the end had was an engineering marvel too... beautifully detailed engine bay and the engine features a Novi (Paxton?) blower. That truck was pretty incredible. In fact all the Gen1's that showed up yesterday were pretty incredible, their owners really taking pride in maintaining their rides and doing some really nice mods too.

Attachments

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pics Mike
Lew... I want to see that race truck of yours in the low 10's next week! Hey, we had a great time glad I found that breaker LOL. I should've taken a picture of JohnnyLambo's empties huh?

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
JTBtheSISSY thinks his cobras fast.
4,002 Posts
Sorry Bill... I took pix early and you rolled in later.

Greg... My pleasure and I did have a great time.
i had a family emergency and was unable to attend. but in true fashion i must give billy some grief for his comment...

Billy, mike didn't sneak any pics of you because you weren't there! lol jkjk

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
looks like a great turn out. I never see any L's or HD's in my area
It was a great turnout and hopefully everyone had a good time.

Sadly there are about 20 Lightnings in my general area and more still in the greater Boston area that we don't know. Heck there were two, one 1.2 miles away from me and one probably 3 or 4 miles away that did not show up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Looks like it was a great event..many nice trucks and cars!

·
First Generation Lightning's
32 Posts
I had a great time meeting owners and checking out the trucks. Some great new friends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts