Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He had a thread for an HD headlight (drivers side only) for a long time, no interest gathered so I pm'd him.
He said he still had it for sale and I asked how much, and then Paypal'd him the $. He emailed saying he got my payment and would ship later that day.

3 WEEKS have passed, no package, no tracking number, very little contact from Jake.

I sent him a pm about a week ago asking for a tracking number and a day or two later he said he'd gladly give me a tracking # in the morning and thats the last I heard of him. His last activity was 8/11 on here.

I know money is tight right now for alot of people, myself included, I just want my headlight or my $ back.

He seemed like a nice guy and I know he's been on here a while. If anyone knows Jake and could maybe help clear this up that would be great.

Thanks In Advance,
Caleb

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
dam taht sucks man, gl to you, ttt to help you out

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
My experiences with him are similar.

He eventually gets the parts to you. I don't know what Jake's deal is, IIRC he went thru a divorce and works a lot. Sometimes it literally takes him an eternity. I'd like to say that he won't rip you off and that he's good for it, as that's my opinion on him. But it seems there are a small few long-time LR members that do dirty shit.

If you are in a hurry, that sucks. But both myself, and CONMECH have dealt with him and he just takes a long time.

He actually sent me a blower on trust, and paid shipping to send him mine in return. I'd like to consider him as a really flaky honest guy lol.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 5

·
20th Anniversary GT350...... MINE!!
2,023 Posts
My understanding is that he works in remote locations and gets to a computer when able. As rman said, similar dealings with him. Bought throttle body, MAF and upper from him. Got mailing messed up somehow. He resolved the problem. Just took alittle time. GL.:bigtu

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
The fact that he works a lot is good news......

.... Until you find out that he ships things for a living LOL. The guy gets like 70% off fedex shipping.

Have faith, I got his email if u need it, might have his # too

---
- Sent from my iPhone 5

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
i think he works for an international shipper or maybe import/export. i dunno, a company that relies heavily on shipping.

It's like if you own a restaurant and get good deals on... napkins or something.

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jake came through. He emailed me yesteday saying it was lost in the mail, returned to him at his warehouse and he had to reship it...none of that matters, I got the package today in the mail.

Stand up guy. It took some time but hes a busy guy. Glad this is settled now.:bigtu

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
i had the opposite happen, something I shipped him got lost in the system, said returned to mailer but arrived at his door. Fedex is weird but who can complain when the guy gets 70% off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.