Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Head of R&D at A1 Transmission
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an early '99 7.3 PSD. I'm considering learning how to tune it via PRP if it's available since I already tune my L with it.

Any of our SV's sell/support PRP for diesels? I don't feel like trudging though all the diesel forums out there and asking questions as a newb that won't get answered.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Just got an early '99 7.3 PSD. I'm considering learning how to tune it via PRP if it's available since I already tune my L with it.

Any of our SV's sell/support PRP for diesels? I don't feel like trudging though all the diesel forums out there and asking questions as a newb that won't get answered.

Thanks
:bigtu

Email reply coming this morning. I would be glad to help,

JJ

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
When do they usually crack, truck has 409,000 on it....:smt100

Thanks for the reply JJ. :smt023
Mine went at 100k. I'm not sure it's a mileage thing. Maybe more of a duty cycle thing. If you end up with fuel in the radiator you will need to replace the injector sleeves. The book on labor for this job is 22 hours. With my tool I did mine in 5 1/2 hours in my driveway. My last set took me 3 1/2 hrs. If they need to be replace I will loan you a kit

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Is this only the early 99'ss that do this...

Sent via my damn droid.

·
15,687 Posts
Ill have to keep this tool in mind... Lots of 7.3's near me/ customers

Sent via my damn droid.

·
15,687 Posts
Dude... That thing is badass

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Head of R&D at A1 Transmission
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the info and offer. I just replaced the water pump as a precautionary measure since I don't know the history and there was no hint of fuel smell in the coolant so I'm good for now.

I've got a few other minor leaks and issues to remedy along with an align/tire balance job and soon after it's tune time!

·
15,687 Posts
Check and see how rusty the oil pan is...

Sent via my damn droid.

·
15,687 Posts
Well the 7.3s are known for rusty oil pans... That leak... And wiring harness issues

Sent via my damn droid.

·
15,687 Posts
I forgot about that petrooster o rings wantin to leak...

Sent via my damn droid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts