Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Forged Internals, like Roses to Men
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I have to have some places touched up on the HD. I spoke to my body shop guy and he said they could remove the flame decals as well. My question is, what do you guys think about the deflamed HD's? I have seen a few, most notably Samantha's, and I like the way they look (or is it just her?). Anyhow, for the guys that had them removed, did you keep the decals, or just trash them? And where can I get replacements if I decide to return it to the stock look? LMK...

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I ripped off my orange stripe within :45 min of owning my truck.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Ive seen a couple with different color replacements.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
My '03 stripes are gone. I like it that way. That huge stripe is funky looking to me. And Im not a fan of big stickers wrapping around my truck

·
Registered
138 Posts
Older picture, but I am still stripeless.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My DSG was new and had the flames but my new truck was flameless when I got it. I now like the flameless better!
Sorry - it's pic whore day I guess....

Attachments

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
ive never took off the flame and if i ever gat a paint job done to it i want it to look like blake (fuzions) truck RIP little bro

1705267Picture001.jpg

103331001.jpg

·
Wow really?!
2,216 Posts
me personally i like the flames on DSG trucks. i think it breaks up the grey nicely.. and it keeps it looking like a harley truck compared to a regualr f150. on the black HDs though idk. im not a fan of the orange. i would personally rock a different color. or do soemthign different. but on a DSG no flame im not a huge fan

PS if you want to go bck to stock and get the decals from ford. 375 per side. for the flames.. i have recipt from ford for them. i had to get both sides after hitting a deer. thankfully it was coverd with insurance

·
Registered
831 Posts
Took off my flames with a heat gun. 15 minutes per side. Barely left a ghost effect. Now I cant even tell where they used to be. It really makes the truck look clean. I did not care for the maroon color, I think the orange/black stockers might look good on DSG. I have seen a DSG with orange after market ones and it was ok but the black outline would have set it off. I have seen black ones that I liked and almost bought a DSG that had chameleon flames that changed color with the light angles...:shocked003

·
Boston at heart member
1,036 Posts
definitely think the trucks look ALOT cleaner without the flames. im not into the flame thing AT ALL. thats why i bought the 03 anniv. edition. the only think i dont like is that it obviously loses some of its identity since the only thing left sayings its a harley truck is the emblems....

i still say take the flames off

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
definitely think the trucks look ALOT cleaner without the flames. im not into the flame thing AT ALL. thats why i bought the 03 anniv. edition. the only think i dont like is that it obviously loses some of its identity since the only thing left sayings its a harley truck is the emblems....

i still say take the flames off

so you don't have a stock windshield?

·
Boston at heart member
1,036 Posts
no i do have the stock windshield. im not saying like vin numbers or build numbers im just saying like far away you can tell if its a harley truck usually by the flames down the sides or whatnot

1 - 20 of 27 Posts