Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Forged Internals, like Roses to Men
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I have to have some places touched up on the HD. I spoke to my body shop guy and he said they could remove the flame decals as well. My question is, what do you guys think about the deflamed HD's? I have seen a few, most notably Samantha's, and I like the way they look (or is it just her?). Anyhow, for the guys that had them removed, did you keep the decals, or just trash them? And where can I get replacements if I decide to return it to the stock look? LMK...

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I ripped off my orange stripe within :45 min of owning my truck.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Ive seen a couple with different color replacements.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
My '03 stripes are gone. I like it that way. That huge stripe is funky looking to me. And Im not a fan of big stickers wrapping around my truck

·
Registered
138 Posts
Older picture, but I am still stripeless.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My DSG was new and had the flames but my new truck was flameless when I got it. I now like the flameless better!
Sorry - it's pic whore day I guess....

Attachments

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
ive never took off the flame and if i ever gat a paint job done to it i want it to look like blake (fuzions) truck RIP little bro

1705267Picture001.jpg

103331001.jpg

·
Wow really?!
2,216 Posts
me personally i like the flames on DSG trucks. i think it breaks up the grey nicely.. and it keeps it looking like a harley truck compared to a regualr f150. on the black HDs though idk. im not a fan of the orange. i would personally rock a different color. or do soemthign different. but on a DSG no flame im not a huge fan

PS if you want to go bck to stock and get the decals from ford. 375 per side. for the flames.. i have recipt from ford for them. i had to get both sides after hitting a deer. thankfully it was coverd with insurance

·
Registered
831 Posts
Took off my flames with a heat gun. 15 minutes per side. Barely left a ghost effect. Now I cant even tell where they used to be. It really makes the truck look clean. I did not care for the maroon color, I think the orange/black stockers might look good on DSG. I have seen a DSG with orange after market ones and it was ok but the black outline would have set it off. I have seen black ones that I liked and almost bought a DSG that had chameleon flames that changed color with the light angles...:shocked003

·
Boston at heart member
1,036 Posts
definitely think the trucks look ALOT cleaner without the flames. im not into the flame thing AT ALL. thats why i bought the 03 anniv. edition. the only think i dont like is that it obviously loses some of its identity since the only thing left sayings its a harley truck is the emblems....

i still say take the flames off

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,536 Posts
definitely think the trucks look ALOT cleaner without the flames. im not into the flame thing AT ALL. thats why i bought the 03 anniv. edition. the only think i dont like is that it obviously loses some of its identity since the only thing left sayings its a harley truck is the emblems....

i still say take the flames off

so you don't have a stock windshield?

·
Boston at heart member
1,036 Posts
no i do have the stock windshield. im not saying like vin numbers or build numbers im just saying like far away you can tell if its a harley truck usually by the flames down the sides or whatnot

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
18 Participants
JoeGSVT
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing