Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think when they glued the top and bottom mold together they did not do it even. If you see in the pics the gap is bigger on one side then the other. this is a pic of the underside by the rear of the cowl. the amount it is off is just about the amount i am having an issue with. No matter what we did the hood is pushed to the passenger side more then the drivers side. it is snug up against the passenger fender and a gap on the driver side. So frustrated after spending the money on this and it is crap. spider cracks along the cowl that I will need to fix before i paint it once i figure out fitment if that is even possible. I feel like the only way to make it work is to open up the holes on the hood brackets to be able to move it over and I should not have to **** up my truck to make it fit. i am about to toss this off the roof and buy another hood. and to think i refused 2 hoods before this one due to shipping damage because the just throw it in a box with no padding on it at all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Hey man I am still fitting mine. Its used BUT the guy obviously didnt fit it right to the last truck with as much lip is left over. I will take some pic's tomorrow. I have alot of lip to get rid of on mine to make it fit my truck right. But in my past dealing with Fiberglass hoods almost all uneven lip gets grinded off. I never worried if it wasnt perfect even on both sides as long as body lines matched. Which takes time effort and alot of grinding shifting and adjusting the hood bolts. Also for me second to last time I had to install a couple fender washers.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
the hoods look alright but for the price they should fit perfect with no issues or trimming

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
As much as I love the look I think I've definitely decided against a harwood. It's not worth it IMO when you can spend the same money on a Cervinis & it fit perfect. Harwood needs to work on their qc A LOT.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not a height issue. the entire hood sits too far to the passenger side. i think they screwed up when they glued the top and bottom together. the pics show how the gap is bigger on one side then the other meaning the bottom piece is not sitting perfectly in the middle of the top. the bottom piece is sitting a little too far to the left pushing the top of the hood to the right side of the truck once it is mounted.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
I'd get a refund & go Cervinis.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
just drill the hood hinge brackets out. I had to do the same thing, as well as the latch bracket. it's worth the effort in the end. looks a lot more badazz than a cervinis cowl, and I'm reminded of that every time i park next to a truck with a cervinis cowl LoL!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I agree Josh!
The fitment was not that bad with a little creativity and the look is definitely badass the first time you sit behind the wheel.
But then I'm obviously biased!
Cervinis cowl is just too low for me.

·
Bad Mother F'R
2,732 Posts
Yea, I agree with the above... The fitment takes some tweaking but the end result is TITS over the rest.. Cervinis is WAY to low for me... Mine had to have the hinges loosened and tweaked and we had to drill out the hood latch so that we could move it a bit... After all that, fit looks great!

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yea, I agree with the above... The fitment takes some tweaking but the end result is TITS over the rest.. Cervinis is WAY to low for me... Mine had to have the hinges loosened and tweaked and we had to drill out the hood latch so that we could move it a bit... After all that, fit looks great!
Truck looks great..got a sideview pic?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It varies from truck to truck, but mine's about 1/4 inch after shaving it.
80 grit on a da works very well! Use blue tape to keep the scratches down.
The end is worth it as Josh says.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
they come with a score line around the edge of where it needs to be trimmed to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts