Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Longest Lasting Fly-by Nighter Ever
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey members!

I am currently working on getting everything ready to put together a lightning rodder and ford product line together.

First we're going to start with Polo's, Hoody's and Hats but should be able to do most nearly anything including seats, blankets, etc. If it can be stitched we should be able to do it.

The MAIN hold up right now is

1) prototypes
2) Ford APPROVAL.

Im working on getting Ford logo approval so these can be legit and we dont have to risk our wonderful site getting attacked by Ford for vendors doing illegal stuff.

Once those are both out of the way *crosses fingers* we will be figuring out pricing and start taking orders.

We're also going to be having custom options like if you want your truck number or screen name on the items we can do that as well.

Here is one of the digital prototypes at the moment:

Hope Ford gives us approval! Should be hearing something back this week!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Sounds Kool! Good luck with everything and let us know!

BTW you Are doing Harley shirts too right?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanna thank RedRuM for his help with this! Gonna be testing this for a back of a hoody

·
Bangin cougars daily
1,380 Posts
Good job taking something I am already working on and posted up a while ago

·
Bangin cougars daily
1,380 Posts

·
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when you say all minor Ford logos, you included Mustang GT right? what about the anniversary years logos?
I did not include those. But I can ask if when I hear from them as long as we are headed in the right direction.

Good job taking something I am already working on and posted up a while ago
youre working on hoodies, hats, blankets, shop towels, ford logo approval, etc? didnt think so.

·
Bangin cougars daily
1,380 Posts
Amazing how you didn't say polos.... Funny

·
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amazing how you didn't say polos.... Funny
go ahead and do your polos. Ford watches these sites. Im not willing to put LR in jeopardy to make a buck. Hence why this isnt finalized til I hear back from Ford. Even then though, I have other plans like the eaton pictured above. :bigtu

·
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about changing that pulley to a cogged pulley for the cogged guys on the site.
we're going to be doing much more once we first find what works best. The machine we use was $9000 and can do anything we want. However, quantity of colors of the image and some other variables doesnt guarantee the finished product. That eaton image is vectorized in photoshop and illustrator and uses only 7 colors. So I think it will turn out quite well. If so, we're even looking at stitching an actual picture of your personal truck too :bigtu

·
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ford said:
Thank you for your interest in Ford Motor Company's licensing program. Your desire to produce products bearing Ford Motor Company trademarks and/or trade dress (unique shape of our vehicles) will require a license. There are a several minimum requirements to become a licensee and those include:

an established distribution channel
an agreement with at least one other licensor (GM, Chrysler, Disney, etc.)
the ability to sell at least $50,000 of wholesale sales annually of Ford licensed merchandise
an advance of $5,000 to Ford upon signature
insurance coverage of at least $3 Million to protect against liability claims
If you feel you can meet the requirements above, please request a Ford License Application for further consideration ([email protected]).

Thanks again for your interest.

Sincerely,

John Nens

Ford Motor Company
so, next step is I am going to vector-ize my own images of my own logos (similar to how I did the eaton picture) so that they are my images which should keep Ford from being able to attack me.

Just going to take a tad bit more time than it would otherwise.

·
22,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
actually supposed to have a test one coming this next week, I hope.

my parents that do this have had a long summer....one of my grandpa's had a quadruple bypass and then started his prostate cancer chemo, my dad's grandpa passed away 2 weeks ago, etc. So, everything is slowed back down some so we should be getting something here soon.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts