Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you pay for insurance for the year?? Im going to be 18 next month hopefully it will go down having a clean record so far, I'm at $4450 a year full coverage on my 03, through State Farm(shoulda walked in the place backwards) :sad: it's almost not worth it but ever since i was 12 I wanted one......so in a way I guess it's worth it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have an 03 and pay $70. per month for full coverage with Allstate. Your age is killing you, plus I get big discounts for multiple policies and many years of being with them.

Jody

·
Registered
261 Posts
I remember those days of fast cars and a young age whcih equals insane insurance. [smilie=eek4.gif]

Is it possible to get on your families policy and save a good chunk of money? My friend got a student discount, "B" honor roll discount etc. Check into all your options if possible.l

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sucks but truck will be paid for by end of summer so , it won't be all that bad, I bought a street road when I was 16 for a good deal from one of my father's friends and I made out good when I resold it so I was able to buy the truck, I know about the B average deal , I was able to do it once.....I'm expecting the policy to hopefully drop quite a bit when I'm 18, as far as being on my parents plan honestly it's not worth it, a family friend had a 16 year old daughter and she was on her parent's plan she totaled brand new Lincoln Town car, some how insurance company squirmed way out of it so the guy ate the 40 grand or whatever...70 a month I wish....

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I still pay a little more than I should for my age but I had a wreck with my First L and so I pay just a little over $160 a month but will be off my record in a year and I will be 25 then so my insurance won't be shit

·
Registered
228 Posts
$265/ 6 months Allstate

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bill Jordan said:
$265/ 6 months Allstate
Ah, so that's what it's like to not be in California! :D We have some of the worst rates in the country.

Jody

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Cali here and 645.00 total exery 6 for full coverage on 4x4 Eddie Bauer Expy and 02 Harley Screw

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man, I guess I've got the worse rate so far :-? I'm sure the fact that most kids my age are morons and get DWI'S makes my age group stereotyped...I can think of 12 kids off top of my head just this year who have gotten DWI'S.
One kid tells another about a party the the whole school shows up and they wonder why they get busted, cars parked up and down the street then they all go drive home, I'll continue to do what I do best, drive by and smoke the house up in rubber. :LOL

·
Registered
541 Posts
4cefed said:
Man, I guess I've got the worse rate so far :-? I'm sure the fact that most kids my age are morons and get DWI'S makes my age group stereotyped...I can think of 12 kids off top of my head just this year who have gotten DWI'S.
One kid tells another about a party the the whole school shows up and they wonder why they get busted, cars parked up and down the street then they all go drive home, I'll continue to do what I do best, drive by and smoke the house up in rubber. :LOL
LOL,do what you gotta do...just DON'T get a DWI....or your insurance will go sky high.
Wait till your 25 and keep a clean record,things will get better,also defensive driving discounts,multiple car discounts and if you have life insurance through them you could also see a diffrence.
$115.00 every month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts