Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruise control is not working right. When I go to press the set button the cruise light on the dash will quickly flash on and turn off immediately. I press the set button over and over with the same results. I can get it to work every now and again but that is very rare. Any ideas?

·
GOT BOOST!
2,813 Posts
Idk if you had the recall done but

PLSE STOP USING CC NOW!! until you figure out if you had the re-call done. If not the truck could burn to the ground. In the "for free" section there is a guy giving away the new sensors for just shipping. Please don't use CC till this is confirmef

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Idk if you had the recall done but

PLSE STOP USING CC NOW!! until you figure out if you had the re-call done. If not the truck could burn to the ground. In the "for free" section there is a guy giving away the new sensors for just shipping. Please don't use CC till this is confirmef
I have not had the recall done and I am aware of the issue and if it did catch on fire it wouldn't bother me one bit. Still doesn't explain why it is not working. Worked perfectly fine the last two years until about a week ago.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Just look at your truck and see if its been done. Look right on front of the master cylinder resovoir there is an electrical plug. Look at this plug and see if there is a black harness looking thing plugged into it. If its there then its been done, if theres no ugly black harness looking thing but just a plug with a couple wires then it has not been done yet and your truck could catch on fire.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just look at your truck and see if its been done. Look right on front of the master cylinder resovoir there is an electrical plug. Look at this plug and see if there is a black harness looking thing plugged into it. If its there then its been done, if theres no ugly black harness looking thing but just a plug with a couple wires then it has not been done yet and your truck could catch on fire.
Just checked and the recall has not been done.

·
GOT BOOST!
2,813 Posts
This is the new plug and sensor

I see you don't care if it catches fire , was just looking out for you

If it does melt down least you know what caused it

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Don't care if it catches on fire, but worried about it not working???? :smt102:smt102[smilie=dr[smilie=dr

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't care if it catches on fire, but worried about it not working???? :smt102:smt102[smilie=dr[smilie=dr[/QUOTE]

If it burns to the ground then I could use the money to buy something else but since it is still running and being used I would like to commute to and from work using cruise control as I have the past two plus years.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Cruise Deactivation switch is more than likely the cause. Unless the switch is leaking the recall will not give you a replacement switch. Go into any dealer and ask for the "leaking recall" it will come with a new switch and small harness. This will fix both the cruise and the recall worries.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I just finished dealing with this exact same issue. Picked up the deactivation switch and harness on Amazon.com for $12 and installed in 5 minutes. Easy and cheap, I like problems like that. Good luck!

·
Breaking Bad
1,470 Posts
If it burns to the ground then I could use the money to buy something else but since it is still running and being used I would like to commute to and from work using cruise control as I have the past two plus years.
You wouldn't care if a perfectly good lightning burns to the ground? I think I just threw up. Why not just sell it to someone who would respect it more and just buy something else right now?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You wouldn't care if a perfectly good lightning burns to the ground? I think I just threw up. Why not just sell it to someone who would respect it more and just buy something else right now?
I would love to sell it to someone except I would have to explain all the little freakin problems and issues with it and how much of a turd the truck really is, which most likely would turn them off from buying it anyways. I am too brutually honest when it comes to stuff like that.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,270 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts