Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the noise is not coming from an idler pulley like I originally thought, it's coming from the crank pulley. It's there when I take the supercharger belt off, barely, but then when I put it back on the sound is waaaayy worse. Thoughts?

Sorry the camera is a bit shakey at first I was trying to get the best angle....I know it's dirty as well, I've only had the thing for a week or so.....

With the supercharger belt on....
http://youtu.be/Wy6VpUExZZ0

With it removed...
https://youtu.be/SDvnM2-v6YI

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking about it now when I did my oil change the other day I think it went away for a little while right after I did it, but then came back. I'm hoping this isn't a big issue but I have no idea what it is.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,279 Posts
Try tightening the lower pulley bolts, (if you have a aftermarket lower pulley like most do on here) they may have come loose and it will sound like a engine knock....

forgot to listen to your vids:bolt

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,279 Posts
Try tightening the lower pulley bolts, (if you have a aftermarket lower pulley like most do on here) they may have come loose and it will sound like a engine knock....

forgot to listen to your vids:bolt
Disreguard, just saw you have a stock lower on there....

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
The bearing is bad. Not replaceable, pulley needs to be swapped out. Putting the belt on side loads the bearing...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bearing is bad. Not replaceable, pulley needs to be swapped out. Putting the belt on side loads the bearing...
Awesome, thanks for the help. Now to just make my mind up on which pulley....

I'm not the kind of guy to say " I told you so" but who was it that said it sounded like a bearing noise......Oh ya that was me :smt003
Yes, yes you did :smt023

1 - 8 of 8 Posts