Lightning Rodder banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
local painter
2,887 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,970 Posts
Remember that statement when you've got cancer or have a heart attack....
I check my blood pressure every single day. I have my own blood pressure device. It runs in the family, but hasn't affected me. Mine was 117 over 78 today. And that was after two cups of "make your hair stand up" coffee. Yours?

Cancer. Not worried about it. The men in the family die from hearts, one woman from cancer. Should I get it, I'll deny treatment and swallow a bullet. That's my outlook on the Big C. About the same as I feel about the beer virus.

I've known several people that got cancer. None survived, even with chemo and radiation. So why lose sleep over it? If I get it, I don't want to know about it. Cause the hopelessness will just make it worse. I'm 58 years old. I've lived a long and good life thus far. If I die tomorrow, so be it. I'll roll with it.

I spent the entire day out riding my Suzuki M109R. Every bit of sunlight I could. Gorgeous day. You all? Spend it all on lockdown? So sad. There is still no mandatory lockdown here. Don't wear a fucking mask or gloves either. None are mandatory. Recommended only. I don't accept recommendations lightly.

·
11 second street truck
10,421 Posts
I check my blood pressure every single day. I have my own blood pressure device. It runs in the family, but hasn't affected me. Mine was 117 over 78 today. And that was after two cups of "make your hair stand up" coffee. Yours?

Cancer. Not worried about it. The men in the family die from hearts, one woman from cancer. Should I get it, I'll deny treatment and swallow a bullet. That's my outlook on the Big C. About the same as I feel about the beer virus.

I've known several people that got cancer. None survived, even with chemo and radiation. So why lose sleep over it? If I get it, I don't want to know about it. Cause the hopelessness will just make it worse. I'm 58 years old. I've lived a long and good life thus far. If I die tomorrow, so be it. I'll roll with it.

I spent the entire day out riding my Suzuki M109R. Every bit of sunlight I could. Gorgeous day. You all? Spend it all on lockdown? So sad. There is still no mandatory lockdown here. Don't wear a fucking mask or gloves either. None are mandatory. Recommended only. I don't accept recommendations lightly.
My blood pressure at my last check up was 124/72 and I'm well within bmi and just recently ran a half marathon.
I've also had back surgery that saved my career and ability to walk.

I've had numerous cancer survivors in my family

Theae last two posts show you're more foolish than your willing to admit

If you wreck your bike, don't call 911. You know, since you don't need a doc....
Because I know when I watched my best friend get hit by a car on his, without emt's, life flight and a trauma surgeon, he'd be fucking dead.

·
9,970 Posts
I am well within my bmi as well, 6'2" 180 pounds. Blood pressure this morning 116/74. I workout every day. I ain't running no damn marathons though. I have two bicycles, one on resistance rollers, the other for riding. So, I'm taking care of myself.

And nowhere did I say that if I got in an accident, I wouldn't be going to the hospital. Last bike accident, in 2003, spent two days in the hospital while they sucked blood out of me every four hours the entire time. My left kidney had been damaged when the hood of the truck that hit me, hit my left abdomen.

Don't know if you know these facts. But the three pertinent ones are !, lower blood pressure, and 2, fight cancer, and 3, fight disease. Just one a day. I do. Maybe, just maybe, that #3 includes the beer virus.

21 Amazing Things That Happen to Your Body When You Eat Bananas

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
For some reason I could not turn to any page vs the first on bananas. But I will look into the research more fully later. But that article scares me a little. It said bananas that are more ripe are better for us. But not many of us have banana trees. Commercial bananas are picked WAY before ripe. There is a chemical "maturing" process that makes them as seen on shelves. It is NOT ripening at all. Just getting closer to spoiling.

Jim

·
9,970 Posts
Scroll to the bottom where it says "Story continues" in a blue box. May have to do that two times to start seeing the rest. I've never had a problem with bananas, except they don't keep very long. Buy six, and by the end of the week, they are darkening and ripening. When they ripen, turn dark, I just eat them with a fork since they get mushy. For me it's usually what I eat for breakfast with my covfefe every day. I usually buy the green ones if I see them.

Ripe bananas are great for banana pudding and banana bread.

·
9,970 Posts
Ya'll go to the doctors as much as you like. I prefer avoiding them unless absolutely necessary. Haven't been to a dentist since July 1986. Still have every tooth in my mouth. Still can eat a cold pickle with a hot meal. Last time I went, in 86, idiot told me I had 7 cavities. Went to another for a second opinion. None. Fuck them all! I use strong mouthwash after every meal, even at work. Brush two to three times a day. And happy as can be to not ever sit in a fuckin dentists chair again in this life.

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
After college where I was required to have a physical to play basketball, I never willingly went to any doctor. I am 55 years old now and knock on wood, never a cavity. I was in a bad fire when I was 27. Spent 3 weeks in the burn center. That was the last time I had any anti-biotic. I went to the emergency room after an accident. Sent home 6 hours later with no treatment and $30k bill. I stay away so far it pains me to go visit or pick up any patient...

Jim

(ps. I did hit that story continues button many times and got no response. Maybe I will try later again)

·
9,970 Posts
I just tried again. Works for me. Hit it once and get a couple items. Then at the bottom, hit it again and get the full story.

I can't even remember the last time I had a tetanus shot. Yet I cut myself with things like the sheet metal I work with all the time. Never bothers me, and I heal quickly.

For the most part, I despise the health care industry. It's all about bilking the most money they can from our pockets. Nothing more. I'm afraid, after this beer virus is through, temporarily I'm certain, the bills most people are going to get from the health care service is going to make them wish they hadn't bothered with it.

The only doctor I see regularly is my optometrist. I wear contact lenses and like to get new ones every two years. He wants me to do it yearly, obviously to line his pocket, but every other year is perfect.

·
9,970 Posts
Ate dinner at my favorite restaurant last night, in the "speak easy" room. Wasn't the only one there, even the owner and his wife were there celebrating his birthday. Was a great evening. Going back again tonight.

Out riding my motorcycle all day yesterday. And I wasn't the only one. The local lake was jam packed. Joggers, bikers, runners, motorcycles, hot rods, boats, people on horses, people having picnics. Looked like any other weekend day.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
well hope everyone is doing well and both staying healthy and hopefully not getting financially pinched by all this. Pretty wild times. Our work is in a mass-telework status, so my wife and I are working from home. She is going stir crazy, I'm loving it lol. I've been on travel for 12 weeks out of the past 4-5 months, and 6+ weeks of that out at sea, so it's nice being home for a change. A lot to juggle telework + homeschooling + homedaycare, but making the best of it. It is a little weird though, I don't really need to drive anywhere, so I've literally driven 2 times in the last 5 weeks lol. Hoping workload chills out a bit so I have some time to get the trucks out of winter hibernation and go on some cruises, but won't really complain there since we're really fortunate and our line of work isn't really impacted by this like so many others. Definitely hoping things work out for folks that are impacted.

Also holy cow, give it a rest cbxer, or start a new thread to go into all your blabber about your self education, or your self proclaimed immunity to everything, or your 17 nicknames for the television, I can't scroll past them fast enough when trying to just catch up on how others are making out lol.

I saw a cartoon comic on fb the other day and wish I saved it, because it concisely summed up the idiocy of the masses perfectly. It was something along the lines of the projections say this could infect X amount of people and kill X amount if we don't take action, however there is no way to tell how bad this would be if NO mitigations were put in place (social distancing guidelines, masks, closing down big events, limiting crowd sizes, etc.), all we can do is measure those with what was done. Yet the key point of the comic was, when those mitigations are put in place and infection rates and deaths are lower than original projections without doing that, people get all bent out of shape going "see, it wasn't that bad afterall, why did we even do all this stupid social distancing and masks crap?".....uhhh, high liklihood those things are directly responsible for the lower rates than projections.

The other thing is people clearly don't understand how things spread/grow. They look at an infection rate at day 1 or day 10, do some quick math against whatever to say it's only X percentage assuming that's as far as it'll ever get, and that's not that bad....yet fail to consider exponential level of growth and by day 20, 30, 40, it may not just be 2x, 3x, 4x more, it could be 200x, 2000x, 20000x more.

·
9,970 Posts
Things started re-opening Friday. Restaurants, barbers, salons, pet grooming places, etc. Next Friday will be another step up in the amount of re-openings. Then, the numbers staying like they are, again on May 15th. That should be the end of it for us here in Oklahoma. I suspect we'll still have to take certain precautions, until Bill Gates or the Who comes up with his vaccine (which will probably kill more people than the virus did).

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
well hope everyone is doing well and both staying healthy and hopefully not getting financially pinched by all this. Pretty wild times. Our work is in a mass-telework status, so my wife and I are working from home. She is going stir crazy, I'm loving it lol. I've been on travel for 12 weeks out of the past 4-5 months, and 6+ weeks of that out at sea, so it's nice being home for a change. A lot to juggle telework + homeschooling + homedaycare, but making the best of it. It is a little weird though, I don't really need to drive anywhere, so I've literally driven 2 times in the last 5 weeks lol. Hoping workload chills out a bit so I have some time to get the trucks out of winter hibernation and go on some cruises, but won't really complain there since we're really fortunate and our line of work isn't really impacted by this like so many others. Definitely hoping things work out for folks that are impacted.

Also holy cow, give it a rest cbxer, or start a new thread to go into all your blabber about your self education, or your self proclaimed immunity to everything, or your 17 nicknames for the television, I can't scroll past them fast enough when trying to just catch up on how others are making out lol.

I saw a cartoon comic on fb the other day and wish I saved it, because it concisely summed up the idiocy of the masses perfectly. It was something along the lines of the projections say this could infect X amount of people and kill X amount if we don't take action, however there is no way to tell how bad this would be if NO mitigations were put in place (social distancing guidelines, masks, closing down big events, limiting crowd sizes, etc.), all we can do is measure those with what was done. Yet the key point of the comic was, when those mitigations are put in place and infection rates and deaths are lower than original projections without doing that, people get all bent out of shape going "see, it wasn't that bad afterall, why did we even do all this stupid social distancing and masks crap?".....uhhh, high liklihood those things are directly responsible for the lower rates than projections.

The other thing is people clearly don't understand how things spread/grow. They look at an infection rate at day 1 or day 10, do some quick math against whatever to say it's only X percentage assuming that's as far as it'll ever get, and that's not that bad....yet fail to consider exponential level of growth and by day 20, 30, 40, it may not just be 2x, 3x, 4x more, it could be 200x, 2000x, 20000x more.

Josh,
Glad to see you back, and you and your family is doing well. Its good to see the update, and look forward to more of your commentary this place need some more posts and activity.

·
9,970 Posts
Good luck with that. He makes a couple posts every three months or so. He won't be back until some time in July, given his usual m.o.

Meanwhile, I'm shutting down the computer and get out the B-King and spent the entire day riding. Need to polish off this back tire so I can get a new one next weekend.

Attachments

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
lol I find it comical that it seems to annoy you that I pop in from time to time to post, yet you'll ramble on about the same few things so often that when I'm catching up on threads, it sounds as if you're just posting to yourself half the time. I can 1/2 read the replies, scroll down 15 more posts from a week later, and your muttering about the same thing again with doctors and your perfect health, vehicles and your perfect running old rides, goofy names for television, and you've posted "beer virus" more times alone than all LR members have mentioned coronavirus at all yet you bitch it's all you read about on your alternative news sites LOL

See ya in a few months....or tomorrow haha

81 - 96 of 96 Posts