Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw these articles, it's good to see companies retool to help. Also read that Elon Musk donated and delivered 1000 respirators to California hospitals, it's great to see people step up.

·
local painter
2,931 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,535 Posts

·
Administrator
18,355 Posts
You know me... So you know someone
You have this thing?

I do know a local athlete who died of this a couple days ago. She is/was a senior olympic competitor and best in the country with weight throws. Holds records in all older age classes. But she was 84 years old and I have no clue what else she may have been dealing with. I know nobody in general life who has it here nor has suspected exposure.

Jim

·
Administrator
18,355 Posts
I have heard to stay away from Ibuprofin as it seems the virus is worse on those using this anti-inflamatory.

·
11 second street truck
10,535 Posts
You have this thing?

I do know a local athlete who died of this a couple days ago. She is/was a senior olympic competitor and best in the country with weight throws. Holds records in all older age classes. But she was 84 years old and I have no clue what else she may have been dealing with. I know nobody in general life who has it here nor has suspected exposure.

Jim

Sure do Jim. Roommates gf is a nurse. She got it, he got it, I got it

·
Registered
887 Posts
Feel better soon, Dusten!

My better half is a nurse at a local cancer hospital and I worry about the same thing. Luckily, she works in an ICU/CCU unit and their floor had/has strict limitations and PPE even before all this.

I'm sure most of us will get it, if we haven't already, it's just a matter of how severe...

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,228 Posts
Exactly. I've read that some get it and their immune system handles it just fine, never knew they had it I suppose. Time will tell. Hope you get better soon Dusten. I know you online, not personally. Big difference. Still wishing you the best.

·
11 second street truck
10,535 Posts
Almost non existent. Shortness of breath. Cough. Fever for a day or two. If my roommate and his gf didn't have it I wouldn't have even been tested.

·
10,228 Posts
Hope you feel better. Still a terrible thing. If you ever want to chat by text, pm me your phone number. Maybe we can get to know each other better and stop the terrible things we've said here on this site. I know we don't see eye-to-eye. Does anyone? Ever? Truly?

I'll send you mine. That's a start. Obviously I don't have you on ignore any longer. LOL!!

Reactions: Dusten

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Dustin sorry to hear that you have the virus, hopefully your symptoms will be manageable. God speed to a fast recovery.

I was talking to one of my friends yesterday and his wife is an ER Doc. I asked him how things where going with her, and what she was seeing. He said that the aren't testing very many people around here, he said that the Fed only wants one test for Covid-19 or they won't recognize or pay neither will the insurance companies. She said the ICU is almost full has been for a couple of weeks with the serve symptoms all repository with all of the symptoms Covid-19. But with no test they have to report as Pneumonia like to the CDC, he said she thinks the numbers are way off of what they are reporting. She also has seen serveral people with the symptoms that you are having, but self isolate at home unless they get worse.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,074 Posts
Nobody up here in Washington State is taking the shelter at home seriously, I see most businesses have deemed themselves as essential.
Essential to what, Profit before People?
Sooner we get this kicked in the butt, sooner our lives can return to normal. But these business what this to drag on for months.
It took Boeing 17 people to get sick and one die before they closed down for 2 weeks.

Rant off!

·
local painter
2,931 Posts
I think the auto insurance companies are making enough $ from much much fewer wrecks that they could go ahead and pay for rental cars for a couple weeks for people with crashed autos. So Im not taking a risk every day going to work ect. Also I need to get some wrenching done on my ⚡
3F902F45-7D54-423E-B64A-FE26667A740B.jpeg
834BB730-A6B8-43AB-AE8C-70CEA683132B.png

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
This came out today at Henry Ford Hospital here in Michigan.

Less than 350 cases here last week. Now over 3000

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,074 Posts
Went to work this morning, boss was saying a lot of business will be closed...., Wrong! Only one was closed.

·
10,228 Posts
Went to work this morning, boss was saying a lot of business will be closed...., Wrong! Only one was closed.
Same here. The apartments I live in, the parking lot was pretty empty this morning when I awoke at around 10 am. Let me guess, they were all at brothels? Even the ladies? ;)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts