Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was driving to work and the truck just turned off and would not turn back on. I want to say I saw a dull flash of light from the dash just left of the gauge cluster. The truck just cranks and cranks but no effort to turn over.

Back story-ish...
I have been having an issue with extended crank (about 3 times) but will eventually start. It's just odd that it started up on the first try that morning.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it but I recently performed the EGR delete and eliminated the vacuum lines on the diagram I found on this forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jordon

·
Registered
812 Posts
Had a no start issue once, crank crank crank, nothing. Ended up being in the anti-theft system.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So it had the dashes but now it’s blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It being blank is a soldering issue, you can try smackin the top to see if it comes back on. However the dashes indicates that there is no communication beteween the pcm and the cluster hence the theft light. Could be no power to pcm, bad ground, blown fuse/relay. I would double check the pcm relay/fuses first.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Use this if you don't know which is which, also try swapping the pcm relay with a known good one to rule it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Use this if you don't know which is which, also try swapping the pcm relay with a known good one to rule it out.
All fuses are good and swapped the PCM relay located in the engine compartment. No movement from any gauges either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You could try swapping a spare pcm to see if it reads it, that'd tell you if the pcm/wiring is bad. Just swap em and put the key forward but don't turn it on. If mileage shows up then you can rule out some stuff. It's tedious but I've run into it before. In my case I've blown out the pcm relay and fuse 30 inside the cab.

·
Registered
812 Posts
What did you end up replacing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent to the Dealer and paid the bill. It was maybe 8-9yrs ago as I remember being told some modual under dash to due with the anti theft. Im sorry I cant be more specific.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FIXED

1. Verified that the PCM was not getting any power.
2. Replaced PCM relay #304
3. Found ground at G201 (Near the passenger compartment fuse panel) slightly loose and corroded. Cleaned, replaced, and tightened.
4. Found fuse #30 in the pass. comp. fuse panel (Passive Anti Theft Transceiver, Cluster, Ignition Coils, Powertrain Control Module Relay) blown.. must have missed it when checking earlier. :rolleyes: Replaced it...
5. Truck fired right up!

Thanks everyone for their help!

-Jordon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts