Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a proper name or, better yet, a part number for the fitting that goes behind the water pump, through the block, that the coolant hose in the valley connects to?

Or are these fittings re-useable?

My new short block did not come with this fitting and I'm trying to round up all the loose ends for the motor assembly.

Thanks,
Herb

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JJ,

I'll give it a look-see when I get back to my Happy Place. :smt035
(where that damn midget-riding-a-stick- horse-in chaps smiley?)

Herb

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
yep, just reuse it Herb
i popped mine out today
oh yah the block finally came in :D
ill post pics on SVTP so you dont think i am chasein you around

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:LOL

You can post pics wherever you like Mike! Congrats on the new block (and the contact, that I assume you finally made). Be sure you link to it once they're up!

I got the little coolant thingy out today too - "It's all in the hips"

That li'l booger was in there tight - those taps had to be a bit forceful! Thank for the tip JJ.

Herb

·
Registered
734 Posts
Herb, we in the plant do not reuse them because the often get scared up during installation and could leak.

I was thinking about you today when I was standing next to a whole crate of them. :D

Peace,

Suavy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Suavy!

Do you think it would be a bad idea to reuse mine?

I was a bit worried because there seems to be no seal, only a press fit. I would think that any nick or scar could create a leak.

Thanks,
Herb

·
Registered
734 Posts
herb101 said:
Thanks Suavy!

Do you think it would be a bad idea to reuse mine?

I was a bit worried because there seems to be no seal, only a press fit.  I would think that any nick or scar could create a leak.

Thanks,
Herb
I was suspecting the same thing and had followed your post on a few boards. Thats why I offered you the extra one that I have. We do not reuse them in the plant.

I can send you the new one I have if you want? e-mail me your mailing address.

Suavy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Suavy,

You are quite a guy! Probably better safe than sorry right?

You email address is hidden on this site, so I sent you and email from F150Online. Let me know what I owe you and how to get it to you.

Thanks,
Herb

BTW my email is herbs @ satx.rr.com (remove the spaces)

·
Registered
367 Posts
quote author=Suavy link=topic=1334.msg9464#msg9464 date=1114143172]
Herb, we in the plant do not reuse them because the often get scared up during installation and could leak.

I was thinking about you today when I was standing next to a whole crate of them. :D

Peace,

Suavy
Suavy do you ever think of me when you walk by the bin that has the heads in them? [smilie=eek4.gif] Or even the short blocks heck I would settle for another stock tranny. :LOL

Brent

·
Registered
734 Posts
Avalanche said:
quote author=Suavy link=topic=1334.msg9464#msg9464 date=1114143172]

Peace,

Suavy
Suavy do you ever think of me when you walk by the bin that has the heads in them? [smilie=eek4.gif] Or even the short blocks heck I would settle for another stock tranny.  :LOL

Brent
Sure do, I'm going to take a walk to our staging area and shoot a pic of enough heads for every member on this forum. Heck, think about me!

I have every thing at my finger tips to build me a new engine! Rember last summer I blew one of my heads and look at thousand of set of them daily.

Only it's not worth my 6 figure job.

Most of all God would be disapointed in me!

Suavy

·
Registered
367 Posts
You are right brother about the disappointment and all. Man thay has got to be a dream job you have. Do you need a helper or a apointment taker or a personal slave? :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
Avalanche said:
You are right brother about the disappointment and all. Man thay has got to be a dream job you have. Do you need a helper or a apointment taker or a personal slave? :D
Dream job? For sure!

Just a little desapointing that I have made several request for company support with no luck. I even offered to trade them the $3,700,000.00 worth of sales that I sponsored on the X-plans.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts