Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I have been driving since there were only two mustangs, P51 and the reliable work horse. Still like to see how quickly I can get to the speed limit.
Second, went to buy my dream L last year with cash in my pocket; 500 hp, lowered, every mod I had dreamed of. After driving it I told the owner I wanted to live and wouldn't get it. The look on my wife's face is a treasured memory. So, I purchased a 2005 XLT short box. Same body style and base 5.4 engine. The 10.75 rear end became a Yukon locking carrier and gear set really fast. Lowered it with a complete DMJ kit - 3" front, 5" rear. Not pleased with the flipped rear axle. This is a daily driver.
I would like to convert it to an L like suspension. I have searched this site and not found anything that seemed to relate. Fabricating is not a problem. Help?

·
one part at a time
129 Posts
SVT five-leaf spring system
SVT 23mm solid stabilizer bar
Rear ride lowered 2.0 inches
The staggered right rear shock
Lightings have a modified version of the 9.75 rear end found in the super duty trucks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt1986 Thank you for the reply. Do the L 5 leaf springs have less arch than my stock 5 leafs so I can put my rear axle back under the springs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt, Guess I didn't reply correctly. Thank you. Does the L 5 leaf springs have less arch than my stock 5 leafs so I can put the axle back under the springs?

·
one part at a time
129 Posts
Well the big thing is if you have a 2005 then your truck is a different generation than lightnings, so I'm not sure if there were major frame changes to the leaf spring mounts or not. And I'm not sure about the arch difference, but I would think the lightnings springs have a different spring rate than traditional f150 but don't quote me there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt, Thank you again. Guess I'm going to have to catch an L driver and take some pics and measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts