Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"We just finished another build today.
.030 cast block stock stroke JLP Basic build with a set of our JLP XR Heads,and a set of our newest Grind cams!..
@ 21# of boost and ONLY 14* of Timing she laid down just under 800 RWHP!Also check out the rwtrq! over 750rwtrq @ 140mph!
.I was going to put the timing up a bit just to lay that 800rwhp! Number down..But decided not to do it right now..It only has 1.1 miles on it!..
...Later on after break in we'll turn the boost up to 25# and push the timing up to 19*..Then we'll see atleast 840 rwhp!(or i'm not Johnny Lightning) he he
.So who says these PI heads won't lay the smack down?....Our XR heads and this new cam grind is a combo to be beat" PERIOD!....
JL
Attached Images

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dyno results

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You cant argue with whats proven. JL's heads are the shit, they make the power and run the number!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if the numbers dont matter, im hoping my tf head and cam build up shows it at spookfest..i gunna finish up my lacking fuel system and try and get a racetune set up for this event. same day and conditions should reveil sum interesting results between these 2 trucks. i ve read and completely understand this will be a BRAINS VS. BRAWNS race. i think alot will be said if he and i can line up in a friendly race. and by golly, i hope my 3.4l whipple/TF out shines this dyno monster. its time to turn up the wick and cut this truck lose...im up for sum good ol fashion racing. come on jj, lets do this!

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
Congrats on some outstanding numbers. 1320 numbers coming soon?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.8l kenne bell....i think this can be a heck of a race between him and i at spookfest(oct 29th)..win or lose, itll be awesum. but i wanna WIN of course[smilie=3g
i think results from 2 trucks like this can show alot on both builds behalf.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Nice numbers.

What truck was this in? I think you are going to need some seat and tune time before you are running really accurate track numbers.

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
It's about time we saw some #'s from the XR heads! Those are pretty good lookin graphs too. I'd like to know more about the truck/combo tho.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
NATE!.....thats what i wanna see!
just about 800 HORSES with break in tune AND ONLY 1.1 MILES ON BUILD is just fcking BEASTLY the SHIZNITCH!!!! can wait to see that boy broken in and turned up! then that bitch will be laying the smack down!!
so im guess all the power is from pump gas

·
professional grade
17,790 Posts
i know. i have 4K left to pay this bitch off then im going to pull the engine again and do it and finish the trans and instal a locker and i hope to put a twin screw on it aswell.

i have always heard bad ass things about he XR heads on other boards.

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
It's about time we saw some #'s from the XR heads! Those are pretty good lookin graphs too. I'd like to know more about the truck/combo tho.
He's been making insane power with his XR heads for a while now. This new cam design, I have no idea. But I've thought about picking up a set of his heads for probably close to a year but keep awaiting TF results. Those 2.8 blowers are pretty nasty little fuggers too!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
how much does the 2.8 cost? when will we be hearing about KENNE BELLS bigger blowers?!
now im tossing up the ideas of going turbo instead of going JLP with the nastiest blower for the most power ON PUMP GAS bc i spoke with PSI yesterday and we were talking about 800HP for street setup but now if this is throwing that much power on pump....WOW!

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
how much does the 2.8 cost? when will we be hearing about KENNE BELLS bigger blowers?!
now im tossing up the ideas of going turbo instead of going JLP with the nastiest blower for the most power ON PUMP GAS bc i spoke with PSI yesterday and we were talking about 800HP for street setup but now if this is throwing that much power on pump....WOW!
I doubt that JLP truck was on pump gas. But seriously what do you think you're gonna do with 800hp on the street? :smt042

·
professional grade
17,790 Posts
i want it just to drive by this lil tire shop on kauffman street here and give it a lil gas as i drive by. then that lil black L will know whats up!

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
I have plenty of fun with 600 HP on the street....

but 800 would be even more fun!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
25 Participants
Kirst8404
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing