Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put my comp r kit (no cats) on my truck and i'm not to crazy about the sound (I know, I know).:shitstormretarded It has a "cackle" to me when you first get into it, kinda reminds me of a truck with straight pipes. Do I have any other choices for a direct fit replacement muffler? Thanks.

(Side note: The kit itself is awesome, install was a breeze, removing the old set up to longer than anything.)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
yep, put the dynomax 17553 ultra flow x in my truck on saturday. I can't stay out of the gas it sounds so great! It's not a super low rumble, it's a bit higher pitched but that could be because im still a 2.5" system, opening up to 10" long 3.5" tips. It sounds more exotic than truck like. No wierd popping or anything. Just a great tone. I'll try to get some vids of it soon...but in the meantime, it sounds a hell of a lot like Dr Matts...just not quite as loud as his system is more opened up than mine. Find it at: http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=ultraflox and go to buy it at Advance Auto... http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Ultra-Flo-X-Mufflers-Dynomax_20290050-P_3062_R%7CGRPEXHAAMS____

Use coupon code LC123 for $40 off the muffler.

KenzL just put on a magnaflow internal X muffler as well, it's # is 11386 or 14385, one being stainless and the other being polished. Buy em at summit. His truck sounds a lot deeper than mine, and much more truck like when under boost/load. Just agressive and loud. Sounds very good.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
SHOKDO.....i thought you would have a full race 3" exhaust by now! that truck would really get down the street quicker bc i have the comp r system on my truck and i noticed a major difference getting the truck to rpm's

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
I think 3" is overkill on a blown 331 ci motor. If I saw a need for it, I'd upgrade to 3"...but I just really don't see needing it on our trucks at my power level. If somebody that had a 2.5 system got dynod and then ran it at the track...then simply switched to a 3" system and made that as the only change, and dyno'd more and ran faster...then I'd make the swap...but fact is, that just hasnt happened (to my knowledge).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts