Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway to check the coils to see if they are firing? any tool i can buy to plug into the OBD II port to check them? or am i going to have to pull the plug on them one at a time? damn truck sounds like its running on 5 holes :smt013

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah sweet man :smt023 thanks alot
now i wonder if i can take them to ford and have them check them seeing as i had to take them out today :hitem:

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont suppose anybody knows the codes (for the scal tool) that goes to a bad coil and the number of the coil

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
No sorry I dont Mike

But
WOW great Link liteitup, never saw that before, well worth the money too. Shit I may get one just to have.

THANKS AND WELCOME TO THE FAMILY [smilie=wavey.gif]

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks for the welcome. I've been around for a while. I mostly just lurk and watch all the fun.

If the coil is not working at all, wouldn't it show up as a  misfire on an OBDII reader?

Hey Herb, you think these guys are ready for me?
Phil

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i guess it would but right now i have them out of the truck, leaving right now to go and put them back in and then go and grab the OBDII scanner, thanks for your help man :smt026
and you know Herb? this is going to get interesting [smilie=ughug.gif]

·
Registered
17,565 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Phil - welcome aboard!!

If any group is ready for you, it'll be this one [smilie=fingersx.gif] Throw the injector question into the mix and see where it goes! There are some good minds here (and some that maybe once were :D), without too much of the trolling and pre-K attitudes.

Mike - you know anyone else with a 5.4 Ford Truck, L or not? You could just swap them over and have them tested on another running engine. I have checked mine for simple winding resistance, but that doesn't tell you much other than its not burned open or shorted.

Herb

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks Herb. I think I'll wait a bit on the injector questions. I kinda ended up w/ foot in mouth disease on that one. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep coils are good and yah Herb i did think of pulling my fathers but he just laughed at me
i wont tell you what i think it wrong cause i feel like an ass

1 - 14 of 14 Posts