Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I had a coil pack bolt break flush inside the lower intake manifold and I've got my truck motor broke down for an inspection and rebuild and was really wanting to use my last cool mad enterprise coil pack bolt, but I can't if this darn broken bolt won't come out, is an easy out the only thing I can use....? This coil pack bolt was broke when I bough the truck just thought since I'm finally pluggin the lower intake with a pipe thread that I would go ahead and get all the small things done to the motor also.....

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts
might have to drill it out and re tap the hole, or try an easy out

·
Forged Internals, like Roses to Men
1,099 Posts
Drill and tap is how I had to get mine out....Hopefully you get lucky with the easy out.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
I bought a intake with a broken coil bolt. The original owner tried to drill the bolt and missed, went into the aluminum around the bolt. I ended up cutting the bolt out with a dremel and then rewelding the hole. Then i redrilled and tapped it. Came out good....

If you need help doing this, let me know. I used a welding rod and propane torch to fill the hole. No wleder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Kirst8404
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing