Lightning Rodder banner

Code P1114

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  jking34167 
#1 ·
well i was on a four hour drive today and my truck was making a weird noise and i felt like it was coming SC.well i stepped on it and all of a sudden the trucked bugged out.. 15 minutes into the drive the check engine light turns on. finished my tripped i pulled into autozone to get the code out. it threw out P114

can anyone give me some input. I know its a sensor but can it be something else throwing it off? am i able to still drive around like this as long is not long distances

#2 ·
Well first check your intercooler pump make sure it is flowing then IAT2 connections.:bigtu

#11 ·
In addition to the faulty pump you might want to determine why you had no coolant in the reservoir, it seems to me that you have a two-part problem.

The ten row IC cores weren't prone to leaking like the nine row cores used in the early model Lightnings did. Leaks elsewhere in the system aren't too common either. Did you replace any of the IC lines by chance? Some guys replace the factory hardlines with 3/4" heater hose but this can cause leaks on the ports coming off the IC core behind the SC.

#16 ·
That's alot of carbon dust I bet your brushes are gone. Replace the pump its not too expensive or rebuild it there's a thread on how to do that for like ten bucks max.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.