Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8,515 Posts
Once modified both vehicles go down in value.

Case in point, local customer bought a bone stock 03 Cobra convertible with 3k miles for $25k in 2019, could have flipped it for $30k easy but decided to modify it. Whipple, fuel system etc.... Two years later its worth just about what he paid for it. If he would have kept it totally stock and left it alone it would have been worth $40k today.

Same holds true for Lightnings. I did a barn find 04 with 9k miles on it two years ago. Got it for $15k, new tires, detailed and new fuel pumps sold it on Ebay for $45k. It was totally stock and untouched. If I were to have modified it the value would have dropped.

My advice is get two of each. One totally stock that you leave alone and hold onto for investment purposes and the other one can be a high mileage one you can modify until your hearts content.

[email protected]

· Registered
2,491 Posts
what would you guys think will hold more value/appreciate longterm. a terminator cobra or lightning? lets just say, both good condition, whipple charged, 100k miles
Cobra was only made for 2 years so there is less of them vs the Lightning. But if they have been modified then it really doesn’t matter. Value only stays with bone stock ones

· Registered
843 Posts
Cobra was only made for 2 years so there is less of them vs the Lightning. But if they have been modified then it really doesn’t matter. Value only stays with bone stock ones
That theory does not always hold true...HD only had two years being supercharged and hold less value than a Lightning from what I have seen...I say get whichever one you like more.

· Registered
173 Posts
I'm pretty sure they made like over 15k of them in the 2 years?? The stock termis have a serious buyers market these days

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
That theory does not always hold true...HD only had two years being supercharged and hold less value than a Lightning from what I have seen...I say get whichever one you like more.

The hd was produced in higher volume, and is kind of an odd duck because of the logo. It's a neat truck but I don't want Harley shit blasted all over my truck.

· Registered
2,491 Posts
I'm pretty sure they made like over 15k of them in the 2 years?? The stock termis have a serious buyers market these days
They made just over 19k terminators and 28k Lightnings. It’s a rarer vehicle. And more people want a car over a truck generally for sport purposes. My gen 1 cobra is worth way more then my Lightning. Because it’s bone stock and they only made 4993 of them in 93. I’m still hopeful to get my hands a 93 cobraR one day. But at only 107 made. I’m not holding my breath

1 - 8 of 8 Posts