Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Master Certified Ford Parts Man
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys use? i have tried regular window cleaner and invisible glass. neither seems to work well. i don't smoke. the interior is quite clean. the windshield itself is only about a year or two old. it's the inside i'm concerned with. btw, i use non-print paper towels.

i have the issue on both the sable and the expy???

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Stoner's

·
Short, Fat, and Slow...
1,853 Posts
this is going to sound f'd up, but it works perfect!

take a spray bottle and fill it up 1/5 of the way with distilled vinegar and the rest of the way with warm water

spray it on your windows and let it set for a few seconds... then use a newspaper *not the plasticy paper* to wipe it off...

I've been using this for the last few years, it works really well and doesn't leave any streaks...

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
that windo washer thing selling on tv the one with the plastic arm and the green microfiber cloth works well surprisingly, just have to wipe with a dry towel cause it will streak if you dont. any window cleaner and a towell that wont streak or leave residue works too

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that windo washer thing selling on tv the one with the plastic arm and the green microfiber cloth works well surprisingly, just have to wipe with a dry towel cause it will streak if you dont. any window cleaner and a towell that wont streak or leave residue works too
maybe i'll try a cloth towel instead of paper towels

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
stoner's and a Micro Fiber is what I have used for a long time...and it works great in both the expy and the harley...

·
think you can or can't, youre right
798 Posts
invisible glass and two clean micro-fibers. One to wipe the cleaner in and the other to use dry and buff any streaks away. Make sure to never use fabric softener on detailing cloths...it causes streaking
-Joshua

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I use Eimann Fabrik Clear Vision II, stuffs great but has to be done on a cool windshield. I also use two micros, one that is damp with CVII and another dry one to go back over. Helps alot when you use the two micros.

+1 on stoners too.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Cleaning windows

If the windows are really dirty or have water spots. I use 0000 very fine steel wool and clay bar. Also, some detail sprays work well for cleaning windows.

·
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the microfiber towel worked well on the expy. have yet to try it on the sable.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Surf City Garage "Clearly Better" glass cleaner. Apply spray onto a clean microfiber towel & wipe the glass, use another dry/clean microfiber to remove any residue. Also helps to do windows in the cool of the morning or if you have a garage. I personally own about every glass cleaner known to mankind, they all sit on the shelf now.

Best of Luck to you.

·
Stock block 522rwhp591rwtq
2,475 Posts
stoner's and a Micro Fiber is what I have used for a long time...and it works great in both the expy and the harley...
What Stewy saidworks great

·
Faster than JL....on foot!
401 Posts
Yep Invisible Glass and Microfibers

·
The gloss boss
341 Posts
Stoners IG just does not work for me or us, I couldn't really tell you why either. Always streaks when we use it and just forget about it in cold weather. Everyone else gets awesome results, so I'm glad bceause its locally available to most.

I usually use either Finish Kare #146 or FK #228 Anti Static Glass cleaner concentrate cut around 5-10:1 or P&S Glass cleaner both with distilled water and glass only towels and follow it up with something like Finish Kare#425 or #146 to make it super slick.

Meguiar's old NXT cleaner was really good too.

The trick to glass cleaning for most people who have issues is usually keeping microfiber towels for glass only because anything in them can potentially be an issue for streaking. If you are getting streaking after your cleaning, a final wipe with distilled water might help as well.

Its also easier to clean in the sun because of the warmth and the sun makes everything go faster - if it streaks you see it faster and you can follow up. Things tend to streak a bit more in the cold and damp like in the fall.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts