Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
11 Second Club
15,089 Posts
I got me a set... Used but I love them

·
Registered
672 Posts
I used LA Wheel and they look pretty good. Don't expect a rechrome job to hold up anywhere close to as well as a factory chrome job. If you have any road salt they will pit out rather quickly. Mine doesn't see rain or snow, so they are pretty good. I took the truck out once this winter and it sat in the driveway for about a week. I got light pitting on 3 wheels just from that. Make sure they have an easy and solid guarantee. I had one exchanged which was a nightmare. Took almost 5 months to get it back. for $600 bucks it is probably worth it. Other thing to remember is that if there is almost anything wrong with your core wheels that you send in, they will take a hefty sum off of that $1000 deposit or possibly not give that back to you at all. They did that trick with my first set. Said the rear lip had been straightened and they couldn't reuse them. Like I said do your homework and get everything in writing. Apply a good wax to the rims as it seems to help with preventing pitting.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya on the salt, I don't do winters with it other than maybe a cruise on a sunny day and rarely even rain. They do have a disclaimer about prior damage. I would prbly have them checked before I sent them and also document any thing with them for sure.

Lino - let us know how Cali Chrome works out for ya !

·
Go UNC
987 Posts
Send them to Cali Chrome Company!

They do a great job! I sent a set of 03/04 rims and got the inner barrel polished also and couldnt be happier with the results. And the turn around is pretty quick also.

·
Oil Field Trash
2,643 Posts
Hey! That's not a bad price at all. I hope the finish will hold up. I've got a set of stock '03-04's I bought, so I could have them chromed, may not be a bad idea!

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I know this is alittle different than what the op was talking about but,

You guys got some links to chrome shops, (redip)?

·
Go UNC
987 Posts
Here are the pics from getting a set of 03/04 rims chromed from cali chrome company.

·
Go UNC
987 Posts
Thanks bud! I think it was an extra $50 each rim to get the inner barrel polished. Dont quote me on that tho.

My rims did great and didnt have any problems with them at all. They also didnt see any harsh elements so i couldnt tell anyone how they would hold up to that tho.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are the pics from getting a set of 03/04 rims chromed from cali chrome company.

They look great ! Where did you get the SVT inserts at for the caps ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd never see them again ! ha

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks bud! I think it was an extra $50 each rim to get the inner barrel polished. Dont quote me on that tho.
$50 extra is worth it. The chrome is peeling from the barrel of one of my wheels and I can see grinder marks on the spokes. Wish I had kept my stockers and had them dipped. Your wheels make mine look like junk! Lesson learned though, I'll never go cheap on a mod again.

·
Go UNC
987 Posts
$50 extra is worth it. The chrome is peeling from the barrel of one of my wheels and I can see grinder marks on the spokes. Wish I had kept my stockers and had them dipped. Your wheels make mine look like junk! Lesson learned though, I'll never go cheap on a mod again.
Thanks!!
I thought it was well worth it too. I got everything from them but the emblems which are gel domes from stew. Best mod i ever did....now im kicking myself in the ass for not keeping them when i sold the truck:smt021

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
send them to mexico and have the old skool illegal chrome job... toxic MSDS and shit
X2 That shit wouldn't ever nick, peel, or crack... :smt042

1 - 20 of 22 Posts