Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. has anyone ever heard of puttin a chip in a L of it blowin the spark plugs out of the motor. someone was tellin me that the L motors dont have enough threads were the pluds screw in and it can blow out the plugs. let me know!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I believe the 99-02' model's only had like 4 threads per inch and had a problem popping plug's out. 03 and 04 model's had like7-8 tpi. I'm sure someone will jump in soon and tell you exactly. Most people with the earlier model's just check the plug's tightness more often and run trouble free, even with mod's.
Bryan

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bryan is right(hey,that's how I spell it too,lol)
99-02s had less threads(don't know how many) so after "getting on it" the plugs have a tendencey to loosen and or spit.
It can happen to stock or modded Ls. The best way to prevent this is to check them frequently.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
They are both right the 99-02 did not have the same amt. of threads for plugs. Im not sure if you chip would cause that any.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would think the more cylinder pressure you had, the higher the prbability of them loosening. Also if one were to increase the vibration, say with solid motor mounts, it could cause a problem.
I would think that you could re-tap the hole with a finer thread tap for a different plug, no?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts