Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I was driving down the local freeway to a softball game and noticed whenever the charge temps would start dropping to say about 125*-120* as soon as I would open the throttle up and get into some boost the charge temps actually starting climbing to around 140-150ish, I thought its suppose to work the opposite way? Whenever you get into the boost and the throttle blade is cracked open that the temps start going down faster as far as charge temps go? Now I was also monitoring my IAT1 temps also and they went from 110 to 95, just curious maybe if the newer intercooler pump I bought is intermittently cutting out when I get into boost heavy, maybe the relay is letting go... Thought about jumping the relay just to see...... Now I got about all the cooling mods you could expect for the intercooler system except the killer chiller......

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Nope getting into boost creates heat.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
120-125 is really good for highway speeds. Thats what mine were th last time I drove my truck in the heat GTG, I dont drive the truck much though

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya normally with the 8lb pulley though it runs around 138-145* when cruising at 70mph on the highway, but of course the throttle blade isn't opened that much though, when I'm only seeing around 1,800RPMS..... I just figured temps would drop more with the throttle opened up more.... Temps outside on the average have been around 106-108* though, so that's probably okay for the MP and 8lb pulley.....

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
When Im opn the highway I kept my tb blade slightly cracked so the temps wouldnt rise on me. When I closed them, tempt got close to 140ish or so. No biggy in the summer heat unless you DD it, it could get annoying.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,024 Posts
I just started paying attention to my inlet temps. It's quite scary how hot these things get. Thank god ford makes it pull timing when hot!

Now I see why cooling mods are so huge. If only i would of listened long ago.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
90* ambient datalogged WOT.... My IAT2s were 144 ish (back to back runs). Cruise mode (which I am in 99% of the time) , I see around 125-130. CANNOT WAIT FOR COOL WEATHER!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.